It's Complicated: 5

Dedicated to aurora96. thanks for reading and commenting :D

Enjoy the chapter! :)

Kristen19 <3

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

===Tala's Point of View===

Turning off the hot water a while later, I grab one of the fluffy towels and wrap it around my body. Stepping out, I shiver as my bare feet hit the cold, tile floor and go to the mirror. I wipe away the steam to be able to see my face.

They're not very noticeable, but I have slight bags under both eyes because of the nights of restless sleeping. I've been eating and it seems like I'm hungry all the time now, but I can see I look a little thinner with my cheekbones more prominent then they should be. It doesn't look bad, but it's different for someone who looks in the mirror everyday.

I sigh and step away from the mirror. All it's doing is making me feel depressed and conscious about what I look like, but what does it actually matter what I look like. I'm not trying to impress anyone here. All I wanna do is survive until I'm eighteen and then I can move back home.

I grab my clothes and slip the purple tank top and black sweatpants I picked out. Taking my contacts out, I put on my newly straightened glasses and then put my hair up into a messy bun. Satisfied for the time being that my hair won't frizz like crazy, I throw my towel in the hamper and make my way back into my room.

I pick up my mud covered shoes and debate what to do with them. They were my favorite pair, but the mud probably ruined them. Naturally, I go for the simplest solution at the moment... I open my window and stick them on the roof.

Smiling at my handiwork, I turn around only to almost jump out of my skin.

"Jesus! You scared me!" I place a hand over my speeding heart and attempt to muster up a glare.

"I don't see the resemblance." Jason smirks and pushes off the wall where he was standing.

"Why are you here." I ask, thinking about strangling him. I could have walked out in just my towel if I hadn't gotten clothes before hand. Then he'd be asking for a beating.

"Came to say that dinner's ready. A few people offered to come up instead, but I know you love this face." I roll my eyes.

"You're not that attractive dude." He places his hand over his heart.

"Ouch. That hurt."

"Get over it." I state, grabbing the door and throwing it open to leave. I don't wait for him, but I hear him following behind me after a few seconds.

Making my way down to the kitchen, the delicious smell of sauce hits my nose. My mom used to make this amazing spaghetti sauce with a bunch of different spices and hamburger meat in it, but after she left, I altered the recipe a little and made my own. In my opinion, mine tastes better then this now.

I walk into the brightly lit kitchen where laughter and talking is loud like the last time I walked in. They take no notice in my presence so I grab a plate and start to pile it high with food. To go along with the spaghetti, she made garlic bread and then pudding pie for desert.

"Save some for everyone else." Jase teases, coming up behind me. He went to say something to someone at the table, but unfortunately he's back.

"Shut up Jase." I push past, smirking slightly as he chuckles. I ignore the table this time where everyone is sitting and go towards the living room to eat instead. I make it halfway there when someone grabs my arm. The person spins me around to face them and I glare angrily at them.