You're my family part 2

Start from the beginning

Rainbow smiled. "You and the family make me happy. Whenever I feel alone or afraid, you're here and it makes everything great again. I feel sad alot so I love when you're around. You make me smile and laugh. I've never had a friend before. I never thought I'd make a friend this year. None the less 5 of them. The others are amazing too. I've never had friends before so I don't really.... know....... uh how to um go about that. That's why I don't really talk much".

Rainbow's eyes flickered from Applejack to the floor.

"So thank you".

Applejack smiled. She wrapped her arms around Rainbow's waist and pulled her in for a hug. Rainbow hugged back, her face in Applejack's shoulder.

"Ah never thought that you an Scootaloo went through so much. Ah'm so sorry about that".

Rainbow shrugged. "It's not your fault".

Applejack smiled and pulled away.

"It's not yours either. Okay??".

Rainbow nodded. She was quiet for a while.

"Rainbow. You're so strong, okay??. Very strong. Both you and Scootaloo".

Rainbow looked at her.

"You both go through so much. But you probably go through more. You're the oldest and you have to be the strong one. That's hard. It is. Ah don't know what it's like to be abused but ah do know what it's like ta lose your parents".

Rainbow's eyes widened. "I'm so sorry".

Applejack nodded. "Yeah. They died in a car crash. Ah was six and mah sister was one".

It was quiet between the two friends. Applejack looked up at her.

"So just know. Ah know what it's like not ta have parents. But ah can't imagine havin noone but your sister".

Rainbow shrugged and looked away. She felt like crying but no tears came. She looked at Applejack.

"It's okay. We..... we get by just fine".

Fine. Applejack hated that word. When ever she heard that, there was always a different meaning to that word. I'm fine. It's fine. Everything is fine. Fine. We're gunna be fine. We're fine. Fine. Fine. Fine.

It was a lie to hide just how bad things really were. Rainbow was not fine.

Applejack scooted over and took Rainbow's hand.

"Listen. You're mah best friend. I would do anythin fir you. You understand??".

Rainbow nodded.

"And it hurts me that you feel the need ta hide your true feelings. What??. Do ya think ah'm gunna hurt you too??".

Rainbow sighed and looked away.

"Tell me".

Rainbow looked at her.

"I just...... I don't want to get attached to you. If we ever get moved to another house, I don't want to miss anybody. That way, everyone can forget about me and Scootaloo sooner and noone will be hurt".

"But??".

Rainbow laughed quietly.

"I already am attached to you and no matter how hard I try, I can't get away from you. As much as I don't want to be around you and feel the way I do around you..... I do. And that scares me because.... I-..... I don't wanna be hurt or feel anything if we leave and I don't want you to be hurt too. I don't want you to miss me".

Applejack laughed. "Well too late. You've honestly made mah world much better. You're amazing and beautiful and smart and carin and loving. Ah........".