Chapter 18

*Sunday Evening*
    I'm sitting on my bed, humming and scrolling through Instagram when Haydin comes barging him. "I had to run up those 18 stairs, that was too much work," she says panting. I laugh and we get right to work. Haydin puts on a tight red dress that looks good on her- if you know what I mean, and I put on a bralet and skirt and add a denim jacket over it. We both do a smokey eye and bright red lipstick. Haydin puts her hair in a tight braided bun and I curl mine and wear a flower crown. After an hour of prepping, we're ready! We wish each other good luck and Haydin leaves. Before I even have a chance to sit down, I hear a knock at the door and Nash comes in. He's dressed in a nice plaid shirt with khaki pants and black dress shoes. "You look nice," he cheekily grins. "As do you," I say, taking the arm he held out for me. We stride down the stairs, past a make out session including Tessa and Hayes, and right out the door.
*Hayes POV*
This kills me. I never wanted to let Avery go. I never wanted to cheat on her. I never wanted to say what I did to her. I wanted her to leave because I knew that if we got too close she would end up being hurt more than she already has been, so I tried to get it over with but it just made things worse.
*Avery POV*
When we were walking past Hayes and Tessa, Nash gave my hand a reassuring squeeze. We got in the car and drove a 10 minute drive to some fancy restaurant. I feel bad that I'm doing this just to get back at Hayes. We go in and sit down at our reserved table. It's Italian, so I order spaghetti and shrimp, and then get cheesecake for dessert. We pay and leave the restaurant holding hands. Once we get in the car, Nash buckles his seatbelt, but doesn't start the car. Instead, he turns to me. "Avery, I know this is our first date, but will you be my girlfriend?" He nervously asks. "I would love to," I say with a fake smile. But what nobody knows is that deep down I'm grieving inside.