Chapter 17

I wake up in Hayes' arms. I look up and see Nash. Oh yeah. I try not to let any tears fall, but fail. I pull up my sleeves and look at my scars from last night. I was clean for a month. I get in the shower, and take about 2 minutes to get through. I get my clothes that I set on the counter, throwing on a plain black crop top, black shorts, and my black vans. I dry and straighten my hair and grab a black beanie with "#selfie" on the front. I do my usual makeup, and I start to walk towards the door, but I hear the bed rustling. I turn around and Nash sits up. "Hey, I'm going out," I uneasily say. "Ok, and remember we have friends coming over at 12," Nash says. I give him a weak smile and I leave the room. When I pass by Hayes' room, I see the door cracked. I peek my head in and see Tessa and Hayes snuggling in bed together. I let a tear fall, and I go downstairs. I'm too depressed to eat. It's 10:30 right now, so I have an hour and a half before the Grier's friends come over. It's not like I have to be there though.
    I walk to the park and cry my eyes out. I have the worst life ever. Finally, I get myself together, and stare out at the playground where so much of my childhood was spent. When I leave it's 12:30.
    I walk back home and find a few cars parked outside. I walk inside and find a bunch of guys, including Hayes, gathered on a couch watching some action movie. All eyes turn to me. "Avery this is Cameron Dallas, Matthew Espinosa, Carter Reynolds, Taylor Caniff, Aaron Carpenter, Jack Gilinsky, Jack Johnson, and Shawn Mendes," Nash says. Oh my gosh. It's Jack and Jack. I silently fangirl. Hayes and I make contact, and I start to feel dizzy. I grab onto the wall to keep me balanced. "Aves are you ok?" He asks. "Uh yeah, I'm just going to go up to my r-room," I stutter. I run upstairs before he can say anything else.
    I need to talk to Haydin. She's the only girl I have. I go to FT and click on Haydin's name. She picks up on the second ring. Gee, that girl needs a life. "Hey! What's up?" She asks. I explains everything that happened last night and today. By the time I'm finished her hand is over her mouth. "Oh my gosh," she says. "Yeah," I sigh. "This calls for a shopping trip," she eagerly says. "Ok, be there in 10," I giggle, and hang up.
  I grab my phone, wallet, and keys and go downstairs. The boys are still watching the movie. "Where are you going?" Hayes asks. Oh now he talks. It's not his job to monitor my every move. "Out," I say walking out the front door, and getting into my car. The only reason I'm still staying here is because of Nash, Elizabeth, and Skylynn, although I don't see her much. Right now, Skylynn and Elizabeth are out grocery shopping. It's a Saturday, so there's no school or work.
    I arrive at Haydin's house and ring her doorbell. Within 10 seconds she's walking out the door. "LEGGO," she yells, galloping to my car. I giggle and get in. "So what have you been doing all day?" She asks. "Crying," I confess. "You're too good for him," Haydin says. "Thanks, but what I don't understand is why he did it. I mean, Tessa of all people," I state. "Well their boys, I mean come on," Haydin says, laughing. We get to the mall, park, and walk inside.
    We go inside Abercrombie and Fitch, Forever 21, Starbucks, you know, the basics. "You ready?" Haydin asks. "One more place," I say. "Where?" Haydin asks. "The hair salon," I say, smirking. I go inside and get my hair died ombré. Once I come back out, I find Haydin scrolling through her phone. She looks up once she sees me. "Ooh! Me likey," she says. "Thanks," I giggle. We head back out to the car, and get in.
    "So how are you and Brent?" I ask. "Good, we're going out tomorrow night," she excitedly says. "Ooh, I have to come over to help you get ready," I squeal. "Yay," she says, as we start fangirling. I drop Haydin off and head home. The cars are still out front.
    I walk inside and find them sitting in a circle. Nash jumps up. "Oh my gosh, I totes love your new hair," he says in a high pitched voice. I laugh. "Can you please join us?" He asks with a puppy dog face. "What are you doing?" I skeptically ask. "Truth or Dare," he responds. "Sure," I say. I sit in between Nash and Gilinsky, trying not to freak out. "Avery, truth or dare?" Nash asks. "Dare," I say feeling confident. Plus, I don't want to answer anything about Hayes. "Ok I dare you to chug a water bottle," Nash says. "Really? That's the best you have?" I ask, raising an eyebrow. "Fine. Then I dare you to kiss someone in the group," he says smirking. It would be weird if I just leaned over, and kissed Jack, so I leaned over and kissed Nash. We both smile, while Hayes glares at Nash. I turn to him. "Hayes, truth or dare?" I ask. "Truth," he says. "Why did you cheat on me?" I ask looking him straight in the eye. Everyone looks at me with wide eyes. "Because I felt sorry for you. Why would anybody want to date you? You're just a stupid, sucidal freak with no mother. Honestly, your dad should have just killed you. Nobody would miss you. Oh, and you're not welcome in our house anymore, we just felt bad for you," Hayes says. I sit there in shock. "I'm sorry. I'll go get my stuff now, and get out of your life," I say, tears leaving my eyes.
    I go upstairs and get my stuff. I hear footsteps, and I turn around to see Nash standing at the door. "Avery...," he starts, but I interrupt him. "Listen, I'm sorry about everything. I didn't know I was causing you guys this much trouble. I'll get out of your hair, and figure out some place to live," I say, with tears streaming out of my eyes. "No Avery, don't leave. Please, nobody here had smiled in a long time until you came along. I have no idea why Hayes said that, but I will find out," Nash says, all in one breath. "But Hayes obviously doesn't want me here," I say. "Well then Hayes will learn to accept it," Nash says. "Are you sure?" I ask. "Positive," he says smiling. "Oh and I have a question- would you like to go out with me tomorrow night?" He asks. "I would love that," I say. "Ok wear something nice," he grins, and then leaves the room. I'm just doing this to get back at Hayes...