Chapter 10

I open up the door and there is Hayes, standing in a blue plaid shirt with khaki shorts. "You look gorgeous," Hayes says. I'm sure I'm blushing like crazy. "You too," I blurt out. "I mean you look handsome," I say laughing. I'm sure many of you are wondering why I ever let Hayes and Nash back into my life. The truth is, I miss having best friends, I miss having somebody to talk to. Plus, 12 years of friendship is a lot longer than 1 year of bullying.
    Hayes escorts me into the car. His mom is our "chauffeur" as Hayes puts it. His mom drops us off at the park. Hayes has prepared a candlelit dinner for us. Aw! How sweet! The candles are in the shape of a heart, with a basket in the middle. We sit down and enjoy the delicious gourmet made (note the sarcasm) PB&J. We then lay down and look at constellations. We both try to count the stars, but then give up because it's impossible. His mom then picks us up and they drop me off at my house. "I had a wonderful night," I say. "Me too," Hayes says. He leans in and closes his eyes, and then I do the same. We're centimeters away from each other and then- HONK! Hayes' mom honks the car. "Sorry about my mom," Hayes says turning red. "That's ok," I giggle. We then exchange our goodnights and he walks back to his mom's car and the last thing I hear is him yelling at his mom, while his mom is laughing hysterically. I giggle to myself and open the door. Tonight was the best night of my life.
    I walk inside ready to tell my mom all about tonight. "Mom?" I call out. No answer. I check everywhere. She can't still be at work. I decide to look in her bedroom one more time, just in case I missed anything. I don't know how I missed it before. There, laying on my mom's bed is her dead body along with a note:        Dear Avery,
    Jail was to easy too easy to get out of. You call the police, you will regret it.
                                               Your Father