Chapter 4

*Beep* For once I'm excited to go to school! I feel like this is a clean slate and I have a feeling today will go a lot better! I hop into the shower and get dressed in an adorable dress that I bought yesterday! I put my hair in a ponytail and head downstairs to once again find my mother passed out on the couch. Today, since I'm feeling good I decide to make some cereal. I pour some Krave in a bowl and eat it plain. I know what you're thinking, don't judge me. I finish up my Krave and walk outside to Callie. I drive to school and do the normal of parking and walking in. It was so nice, for once people were staring at me whispering to their friends nearby, nice things about me. For the first time in forever (was I the only one that sang it?) I wasn't slammed into the lockers and told to move. But of course reality comes crashing down on me as Nash and Hayes approach. "Hey, I didn't know you went here. We never introduced ourselves properly. I'm Nash and this is Hayes. Now what's your name?"
Nash asks. Oh how his beautiful blue eyes will just mesmerize you. Stop Avery! Your not going to fall for your bully! "If I told you who I was everything would change,"
I exclaimed. Nash and Hayes gave me a confused look. "What do you mean?" Hayes asks. "I mean I'm Avery Lillison, your bully victim," I explained.
      That's when Nash snapped. "OH SO YOU THINK YOU CAN JUST BUY NEW CLOTHES AND DYE YOUR HAIR AND EVERYBODY WILL SUDDENLY LIKE YOU?!" Nash screams at me. People are staring but he doesn't care. "WELL GUESS WHAT? YOU THOUGHT WRONG," Nash yells. He slams me into the locker and starts kicking, punching, and slapping me harder than he ever has before. I'm crying in tears. I'm sick of this. I'm sick of school. I'm sick of the names, the stares, the whispers, I'm sick of it all. I'm sick of crying myself to sleep. I'm sick of living in constant fear. I didn't hear what Nash yells next, but he's saying something to Hayes. All of a sudden I feel a sharp pain in my left side. Hayes kicked me. I look up staring into his eyes. There are my eyes, filled with hurt, and then there are Hayes' eyes. The same beautiful blue as his brothers. But in Hayes' eyes I see something I'm all too familiar with- sadness. But why sadness?

A/N All points of view are in Avery's POV unless said otherwise. Comment what you think! Love you all!