Chapter 18: Birthday

*two weeks later. Naomi is twenty eight weeks pregnant. Jim is still convinced on Frank being on the ship, although there has been zero activity. The twins are one.*

Jim and Naomi woke up as cheery as possible. They're twin sons, Elliot and Malcolm, turned one. It was September 27th. Jim helped Naomi stand up from bed, the increasing size of her stomach did help. Chris was due December 6th.

Tegwyn was already ten weeks pregnant, she was so nervous to tell Pavel she waited a long time. Her dad still didn't know about her being pregnant. Scotty was her adoptive father and he was very protective of her. Scotty would notice eventually, Tegwyn already had a little bump.

"Why are we so happy, they don't even know it's their birthday." Jim pointed out, picking up Malcolm.

"I don't know. But they are one. One year old." Naomi muttered, tearing up. "I can't cry yet, it's too early."

Naomi held Elliot, his feet on her stomach. Both babies were still confused about why it was getting bigger and bigger. Elliot kept trying to poke it, but Naomi moved him away.

"I, sadly, have to work." Jim sighed, kissing Malcolm's forehead. He hugged and kissed Elliot and Naomi before leaving to work.

Jim sat in the captains chair for two hours signing PADD's. He was beginning to get bored of looking at a screen. Scotty angrily stomped onto the bridge, charging towards Chekov.

"You!" He yelled, grabbing Chekov by his shirt. He yanked him up from the chair and pushed him into a wall.

"Sir, whatever it is I did, I'm sorry." Chekov pleaded, taking the punches to his face.

"You got my daughter pregnant!" Scotty yelled, continuing to punch him. A crack was heard in Chekov's right rib cage and all the air was sucked out of him. He choked on his own breath.

"I'm sorry sir." He choked out, still gasping for breath. Every movement in his chest or side caused him immense pain.

"You got her pregnant." Scotty growled. "You two are eighteen!"

Scotty moved Chekov away from the wall, into a railing. It hit his sides, causing a gasp of pain from Chekov. He started to sink to the ground, but Scotty grabbed him and moved him around the railing before shoving him again. Chekov hit his chair and slipped, his head cracking against the glass.

Chekov slumped to the ground unconscious. Sulu and Jim, one of each side, carried Chekov out of the bridge to sickbay. He was placed on a sickbay bed, Tegwyn running up from engineering to be beside him. 

"Dad, how could you!" Tegwyn yelled at Scotty. He just stared at Chekov, anger in his eyes.

"You're my daughter. You're eighteen. You are a teenager. And you're pregnant. By him." Scotty said, trying to control all his anger.

"Dad, I love him. I'm okay with being pregnant, I love the baby. It's already ten weeks. You can come with to a scan if you want, see and hear the baby." Tegwyn suggested, trying to calm his nerves.

"You're still my daughter." Scotty growled.

"I'm sorry." Tegwyn said as Chekov woke up.

"UGH!" He groaned, moving around a little.

"Pasha!" Tegwyn exclaimed, rushing to his side.

"Hey! Kid!" Scotty yelled. "Consider this the beginning. If you hurt Tegwyn or that baby I will personally kill you!"

"Yes sir." Chekov muttered, hard to understand. His voice was soft, his voice ragged. His accent thicker than usual.

"Hi Pavel, how are you feeling?" Naomi asked walking into the room. Chekov was her patient, but she left them alone so they could talk.

"Pain." He muttered, his hand lightly on his right rib cage.

"That's good. I'll give you some painkillers." Naomi said, hulking his neck. The instant the pain killer was injected, he relaxed a lot. "How are you Tegwyn?"

"A little tired and my backs a little sore, but I'm okay." Tegwyn answered, holding Chekov's hand.

"Tell Malcolm and Elliot happy birthday for you." Chekov mumbled, smiling as much as his swollen face would let him. Scotty had really beaten him up, his left eye was swollen shut.

"I will. They like you, you'll be an amazing father." Naomi said before leaving Chekov with Tegwyn and Scotty.

Later that night, Elliot and Malcolm were giggling and playing with some new toys on the floor. Elliot's face lit up when Jim and Naomi gave him a huge plush block, bigger than him. Malcolm got a big teddy bear, his favorite thing.

The boys were sitting in their high chairs, cake covering their faces. "I love them so much. I can't believe it's been a year." Naomi mumbled as Jim pulled her into a hug.

"It's been a year sense they were born. A year since I died and came back." Jim added, holding her closer. "I missed their birth, but I will be here for Chris'"

"Good. I didn't like doing it without you, but I got these two boys." Naomi said, crying.

"I wouldn't trade them for the world." Jim said, kissing the top of her head and looking at the boys.

Happily, they rubbed frosting on their faces. Malcolm Jackson Kirk and Elliot George Kirk were now one year old.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dedicated to cookidoughlilac