Chapter 19: Baby

*twelve weeks later. Naomi is forty weeks pregnant. Tegwyn is twenty two weeks pregnant. Chekov and her won't know the gender till the birth. Dedicated to  cookidoughlilac and Clieo_Whiteshadow *

A sharp pain rippled through Naomi's stomach. She recognized the pain, labor. Elliot and Malcolm were at daycare. Naomi was on maternity leave until and after Chris was born.

Slowly and carefully, she stood up and started to walk to sickbay. She had already messaged the doctors that she was in labor. When she got there, they took to a room for an exam. It was  early stages labor, contractions that aren't too painful, but they still hurt.

Tegwyn was going to be with Naomi through labor and birth. It was better to watch it actually happen then a video. Tegwyn's stomach was already getting big.

"Can you get me a communicator?" Naomi asked when they finished hooking her up to some machines.

Tegwyn handed Naomi a communicator. It was already hooked up to the frequency that Jim's communicator was on. Jim was on an away mission for a peace treaty, although he did say that if she was in labor to call.

"Jim?" Naomi asked into the communicator.

"Naomi?" Jim's voice asked, static surrounding it.

"Jim, I'm in labor. It's just really early stages. It'll be hours. Finish your mission. I'll be fine. Tegwyn's here." Naomi said, awaiting a response from Jim.

"What?!" Jim exclaimed, shock in his voice.

"Jim, stay calm. As I said, finish the mission. I'm okay." Naomi insisted.

Heavy breathing sounded from the communicator. "What?!" Jim exclaimed again.

"Jim, breathe deeply." Naomi said as a rather intense contraction happened. "Ow!" She screamed, which only resulted in questions from Jim.

"Jim, there's only a couple more hours on the mission. You'll be back in plenty of time!" Bones told Jim on the planet. Naomi barely heard his voice through the communicator.

"Fine." Jim grumbled. "Naomi, sweetie, I love you okay. I'll be there as soon as I can."

"Okay. Love you Jim." Naomi said, closing the communicator. Another contraction pained her stomach, causing her to scream a little.

Three hours had passed without Jim. Naomi's labor was moving fast. If Jim wanted to be here, he'd have to get moving. The sickbay notified him that if he wanted to be here, he'd need to hurry.

Jim ran on the planet to the landing site. He tripped down a hill, breaking his leg. The Enterprise beamed him, Bones and Spock trying to calm Jim.

He limped into sickbay, Bones on one side. He ran into Naomi's room, panicked. "Jim what did you do?!" Naomi asked, worried.

"I fell." He said, kissing her. They were broke apart by Naomi screaming. "This hurts doesn't it?"

"No, it's incredibly enjoyable." Naomi said sarcastically. Jim rolled his eyes and kissed her again.

"Time to go to the delivery room." The doctor said smiling up at Naomi and Jim.

While Naomi was having the baby, Jim held her hand while he watched. Tegwyn's face was full of terror. "This is what I'll go through!" She yelled astounded and scared.

"This is so gross. It's weird, but it's gross!" Jim yelled to Naomi. He leaned all his weight on the leg that wasn't broken.

A babies cry sounded through the room. Jim gasped and started down at a small baby. The doctors and nurses cleaned her up and handed her to Jim. She had Jim's hair and Naomi's eyes.

Jim looked down at the small baby in his arms. She was surrounded by a blanket and her fathers arms. December 6th was her birthday.

Jim limped over by Naomi. He sat on the bed and handed her Chris. "Christina Rose Kirk." Naomi muttered, crying. Tegwyn and the doctors had left to give the family a little time.

"Chris." Jim muttered, tears in his eyes. His daughter was the best thing he'd ever seen.

"I'm so tired." Naomi added, smiling down at the baby.

"I bet. Can I take her to see the crew and then back to you?" Jim asked, his arms by Chris.

Naomi nodded and yawned. Jim took Chris back and walked out. Everyone was off of their shifts, so they were all waiting to see see the baby.

"Alright everyone. This is Christina Rose Kirk. Nickname Chris." Jim said walking out. There was a collective "awes" and an "interesting" from Spock.

Jim still had tears in his eyes as he looked down at Chris. "Don't be a sissy." Bones said, laughing. Alaska slapped his arm and glared.

"It's a new baby, he has the right to cry." She scolded. "You cried when you first saw Ellie."

"Fine." Bones muttered. "I want you off of that leg now."

Rolling his eyes, Jim sat down carefully with Ellie. He was sitting next to Chekov, who was thrilled with the new tiny baby. Jim handed Chris over to him so Bones could scan his leg. Chekov's face lit up when he held the baby. Tegwyn sat next to him and looked over at Chris.

"It looks so painful, but happy to have one." She admitted, crying.

Bones finished Jim's leg and let him walk on it. "We're tired, so see you in a while." Jim mumbled, limping back into Naomi's room.

Sulu sat back and put his feet up. "As cute as babies are, I like my plants." Chekov and Uhura glared at him before they kissed someone. Chekov kissed Tegwyn and Uhura kissed Spock.

"I prefer babies." Chekov admitted, moving away from Tegwyn.

"Yeah, just wait till I wake you up at three AM when the baby's crying." Tegwyn laughed.

Jim and Naomi held Chris, her hand wrapped around Jim's finger. Elliot and Malcolm would see her tomorrow. Jim and Naomi got to hold her for tonight. Their complete family.

Naomi Mary Kirk

James Tiberius Kirk

Malcolm Jackson Kirk

Elliot George Kirk

Christina (Chris) Rose Kirk.