Chapter 20: Malcolm and Elliot

A couple days after Chris was born, the twins could meet her for the first time. Naomi held Chris, who was wrapped in a blanket, against her chest protectively. Jim held Elliot and Malcolm as he brought them closer.

They say on the edge of the bed while Naomi moved Chris a little closer. Elliot and Malcolm both looked up and Jim, confused. "Daddy!" They both said, pointing at Jim.

"Yes, I'm daddy. But look, you have a sister now!" Jim told them, getting their attention to Chris. Both boys cautiously crawled forward, looking at the tiny baby. She weight six pounds exact, making her a little smaller.

"Sis." Malcolm said, looking at Chris. Elliot reached his hand out to poke her, but Jim moved his hand away.

"Her name is Chris." Naomi said. She repeated the name many times to the twins could catch on.

"Kwis." Elliot mumbled, gently rubbing his hand on her cheek.

"Yeah." Jim congratulated. "And Chris gets to come home with us tonight, so be good."

Both of the twins nodded and went back to their fascination with Chris. She was a big hit so far.

They went back to the quarters a couple hours later. There was another crib installed for Chris, this one pink. Jim had a really hard time letting her sleep in the crib, he loved that girl more than anything.

Naomi went to go get a punch of files downloaded onto PADD's so she could work at home easier. When she came back, Jim was laying on the bed.

Chris was closest next to him, her tiny body close to his chest. Malcolm and Elliot were laying a little further away, but close enough to Jim that they wouldn't fall off the bed.

Everyone was laying perfectly, soundly asleep. Naomi smiled to herself and sat on the couch to work. An hour and a half later, Chris woke up crying. Elliot and Malcolm woke up too and started to cry, only it was easier to calm them down.

Naomi gave Chris a bottle before putting her back in the bed by Jim. It was already getting late and everyone was tired. The twins were asleep in their cribs, Jim half asleep on the bed. He rolled into his back and set Chris there.

"She's my little girl." He told Naomi. "And I love her."

"I love her too. Our little girl." Naomi muttered. "We have our boys and our girl. I love it."

"I love it too." Jim muttered, holding Chris. He fell asleep like that and so did Naomi. Chris slept too.