Break-in

Everyone could only see red through the bloodshed. Armor clanged against bodies of evil. Swords sliced through skulls and skin. Sam was all in it. He kept slaying and slaying without thought or stopping. He felt an arrow ping off of his armor. His sword sliced through creepers, just barely stopping them from exploding. Golem charged in and hit them with all of his might. He whacked zombies, careful not to hit any of the villagers with expertise that could only come from a golem.

Steve was facing the same challenge except it seemed like all of the skeletons were aiming for him. Arrows were constantly sticking into his armor. They didn't penetrate it, the iron holding strong, and he was endlessly taking them down. It seemed like every one he took out was replaced with five more. Forester charged and became distracted by a few spiders. Alicia sliced a zombie and watched Forester defend himself against his foes. He was fast. She saw a creeper approach him. It felt like time slowing down. She took off after the creeper.

"Forester, look out!" She shouted over the mobs.

She extended her sword out right at the creeper. He glanced back and noticed too late what was happening. The creeper ignited. Alicia's sword impaled it, still being thrust upon, and the ignition slowed to nothing. When it stopped, she let it fall into a pile of gunpowder. She finally let out a breath and breathed hard. She couldn't believe she did that. She was so close to dying just now and lived. She slumped to the ground. Forester picked her up in his arms and ran her back to the village to a house. He gave her some water and food. He picked his sword back up and started going out the door.

"Wait, let me come with you," she said.

"No. It's too dangerous. I can't let you go back out there."

"You're not going to stop me."

"You saved my life, Alicia. Let me save yours."

He went out the door quickly and blocked it with cobblestone. She ran to the door and hit it with her fists.

"No! Let me out!"

She had no pickaxe and no tool to break away the wall to the house. She was trapped and would only know the outcome of the fight when someone, or something, decided to let her out.

Back at the wall, Bernard was having a hard time trying to focus. Marie's death was breaking him down. He wanted to give up, right here and right now, but he couldn't. He had all of his friends, the people that decided to give him a second chance, there that believed in him. He could hear Marie's voice telling him to keep fighting, and it was all he needed to keep going. He wasn't giving in.

He slashed a zombie, making its arm fall off. He slashed its head and killed it. He heard a shout and saw someone with an arrow in his head. He fell to the ground. Bernard's rage grew to a boiling point. He wasn't going to take it anymore. He pushed past the mobs, using his sword to force them away. They still pummeled him with various forms of damage. His health was dropping quickly. An arrow stuck in his arm, but he kept pushing. Finally, he had reached the wall. Constantly being hit, he started filling in the large hole with his cobblestone.

"Watch out!" Miner shouted.

A spider climbed over his wall he built and leaped for him. Miner shot it out of the air, and it fell back outside. He ran up to Bernard and took out his own cobblestone. He grinned at his friend.

"Looks like we both had the same idea," he said.

"It would seem so."

Steve grabbed Sam and pointed to the two trying to rebuild the wall.

"They're going to need more blocks," Sam said.

"And help," Steve added.

They came to a mutual understanding and started moving in their direction. Steve used his bow while Sam used his diamond sword. They managed to make it to them with minimal injury. Bernard looked to his left surprised to see them helping build up the wall while fighting off the mobs.