Dreams of Fate

Steve was having the same dream again, except this one was sort of different.

The zombies were at his house again, but this time, he killed each one with a swipe of his new iron sword. He then heard a spine-chilling chuckle. He was suddenly not at his house but in an open field. He turned to see an enderman in the distance. He teleported closer and closer, drawing purple particles for each teleportation. Suddenly, it was there in front of him.

Something wasn't right.

Endermen don't speak. At least, not like normal people. Their voices were too distorted to understand. This one sounded clear as day. As he tried to avoid making eye contact, he couldn't help but take a glance. Unlike any enderman he had known, it didn't seem to become hostile, and this enderman didn't even have purple eyes. These eyes... they were green. The enderman kept chuckling endlessly and loudly.

Sam was also experiencing his own bad dream. He was back at his village. Like a relapsing memory, he watched his village burn for the second time. Something caught his eye, something moving, that was different from the rest of the mobs. It was a villager running. He ran after him quickly, but the villager abruptly disappeared. Everything shifted, and he was in the desert. He looked behind him to see the wave of mobs kicking up dust and moving straight for him.

Without any cover, arrows were fired at him. They were close to their mark, too close for Sam to be comfortable. He ran again, trying to get away. Without warning, everything changed again. He was in a jungle, but the mobs were still trying to break through to get him. He could hear creepers exploding to destroy the trees and get through. Sam was able to weave around and under trees to get away.

What's going on? Sam thought.

He rushed through the foliage to gain distance between him and the monsters. A block opened underneath him, and he fell inside. He heard loud clanking and clicking in the walls. Emanated by the soft glow of torches, he saw arrows fire out of the darkness toward his direction. He got up and ran the opposite way toward a light at the end of the tunnel. He ran faster now, but the light seemed to keep moving father away. He pushed himself harder, panting and sweating. He eventually caught up to the light, and he shot through the hole. Everything turned white.