Rumors Become Reality

Sam's health was back up to full when he woke up. He was in an unfamiliar place. He had split-second flashes of memory from yesterday and remembered he wasn't alone. After all, he hadn't walked himself up the stairs into the bedroom. He looked around. The decor was simple with oak wood planks making a desk with a chair and a couple of paintings on the wall. Nothing really fancy.

He got out of bed. The floor creaked under his feet. Whoever lived here had been for a while. He looked at the small bookcase as he walked to the stairs. He crept down to the bottom to find a snoring Steve in the kitchen. He was asleep at the dining table. He looked at the double front doors and thought about just leaving. He didn't want to be a burden and could just go on his way. However... he wasn't sure if the man knew what was happening. In fact, he had probably been living in the valley for a while. He might not know.

"Hey, wake up," Sam said.

Steve snorted and woke up from his slumber. Drool had fallen out of his mouth onto the table.

"Your snoring could make a creeper fall asleep," Sam said, laughing at his own joke.

He felt a little awkward being in someone else's house. It was cozy with a small stone fireplace and all. The man had to have taken some time to build his house. It wasn't as basic as he had first thought. It was enough for one person, maybe two, to live comfortably.

Steve stirred and stretched out in a yawn. His uncomfortable position made his back hurt. He didn't have any wool to craft a bed, so he just fell asleep in the chair. He stretched and popped his back with an audible *crack*. He looked at the stranger he had brought into his home. His brown hair was short like his but lighter, and his t-shirt was more light blue than turquoise. Even his pants were a softer shade of blue. They could almost be twins.

"I'm Sam," he said. "Thanks for saving me out there. I thought I was a goner."

"No problem. I'm Steve. Nice to meet you, given the circumstances."

He shook Sam's hand.

"Are you hungry?" He asked Sam.

"Starving! But... I don't want to take your food."

"Nonsense. Have a bite. I have fresh apples."

Sam's stomach growled.

"That... sounds tasty."

He didn't realize how hungry he was until Steve mentioned food. Steve got up from his seat and opened the chest by the doors.

"I have some bread from yesterday. It's a little stale, but it's still good."

"Sounds good to me," Sam said.

Steve also grabbed the bread and a couple of water bottles. He sat down at the table and put everything down.

"Here's some food!" He said.

"Thank you," Sam said.

He took a bite and thought he was going to melt from pleasure. The apple was fresh and juicy. He took a bite of bread, crumbs falling from his mouth. He put down his food and tried to catch the tiny pieces quickly, but it had already fallen to the floor.

"Sorry!" He said. "I'm already making a mess."

"Don't worry about it," Steve said with a laugh. "It's nice to have someone around to make a mess. I haven't seen anyone for a while."

Steve tapped his fingers on the table nervously.

"So... what exactly happened out there? I wasn't sure at first, but I thought I saw you on my bedroom window."

Minecraft: The Marvelous Adventures of Steve: The Invasion TrilogyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara