| Chapter 3 | Keep Shaking the Head

> Picture of John Edison <

My eyes widen when I see the title of the song we're going to start with.

Synchronicity

I thought they'll be singing more higher class, you can say. This song is already quite complicating but calculating the rank this school is, I predicted they'll sing more intense songs. Scrunching my eyebrows, I scan the music sheet not realizing the stares from the others.

"Is something wrong?" Mr Edison asks with interest getting me to get my attention back to him.

"Oh! No. Nothing's wrong." I instantly reply shaking my hand getting him to smile.

"Then you won't mind taking the female lead part!" He cheerfully states getting me to be taken by shock wondering if he was serious.

And let me tell you. He was.

"Ha! Like she can actually take the role. I bet she'll fail on the first sentence." One of the girls cuffs not so quietly.

She had long straight brown hair that matches with her auburn eyes which glares at me. The two girls beside her giggle as the girl beside me fidgets shyly. 

Not that surprised that popularity rank also happens here, in honesty. 

Turning back to the teacher, I give out one of my fake but appreciated smile.

"Sure." I accept getting the brown hair girl to roll her eyes.

"Good then! Um, Shiro! How about you take the male lead?" Mr Edison asks with his usual bright smile towards the boy behind me.

"Sure!" Shiro chirps as I scan the music sheet to find my parts.

Mr Edison breaks the parts up for everyone else giving me time to practice the song in my head. The beats, the melody, the tune, the tone, and the feeling. Questions fill my head as I answer them from my perspective of the song.

Even though I'm concentrating on the music, I can still her the doubts from the people around me.

"There's no way she can sing the lead. She just joined."

"She's probably just going to drag us all down."

"10 bucks that she's going to fail."

Closing my eyes, I try to ignore the comments as I give in to a deep breathe. The girl beside me gives me glances of concern as I open my eyes. Glancing back to her, I smile which surprised her a bit before I look back to the music sheet. That's when a tap comes on my shoulder getting me to look back at Shiro who was smiling down with concern.

"Good luck. It doesn't matter if you mess up." he tries to encourage me to only get me to smirk.

"Who says I'm going to mess up?"

Before I could see his expression, I turn back to the front to look at Mr Edison who nods at me to begin.

Nodding back, the music starts getting Shiro to sing first. Standing up in a nice posture, I open my mouth as I start singing, my body relaxes as I do a few hand movements with my eyes closed.

> Synchronicity - Len & 96neko (Vocaloid) <

> Shiro: Normal / Octave: Slant / Both: Bold / Others: -- singing -- <

Toki no yurikago de

  Tsumetai yume o miru