"Father, I hardly even know her name!" I let out a long breath before saying, "But what does that matter? She is a woman, just the same as this princess you've arranged for me to meet. It is her heart that captures me, not her name! What's to say a woman with elegant dresses and jewels on her head could love me any better than a woman without?"

He would not hear any of my reasoning. "I do not have time for your ridiculous argument," He growled, "Lunch will be served at noon. You will be there." His eyes locked with mine for a vicious moment before he angrily marched out of the room.

Noon made its way around, and I had not left my bedchamber yet. I did not want to step foot in the hall that housed such ignorant people. I did not know such disgust was alive within my own family! The blood that kept me alive was evil and tainted with a royal title. I did not want any part of it, anymore. I wanted my (Y/N) with me, to bring my smile back. To hum her sweet songs and bring peace to my otherwise hectic life. But I was a coward for sitting in my bedchamber and refusing to fight for myself. What woman wants a coward for a husband? I had to be strong and prove myself. 

My own pair of knights followed me as I navigated through the palace, but I wasn't sure even they could be trusted. Anyone in agreement with my father was now useless to me. I caught a glimpse of my mother's hair, pinned up in her usual updo. I placed my hands on my hips, listening to the rustle of my clothing as I walked. I rounded into the courtyard, where a table and tea had been set up for our guests. My father sprung to his feet, mumbling with a fake chuckle, "Pardon my son's tardiness." His eyes told a story no one else could see, and he stared right through me while forcing me into a seat. "Sit, my boy," He spoke. My mother weakly smiled at me, nodding her head to me. I did not respond, and only let out a slow breath.

This Princess Edith was a sight to see. She was nothing compared to my (Y/N). In fact, I thought she might fit better in a circus, with her loud voice and giggles that almost made me want to strangle them away. A giggle I could handle, but a shrill giggle matched with a jumpy body made me uncomfortable. "Sir, your son is quite handsome," She spoke slowly, and giggled more. She clutched her mother's arm, tugging it while she spoke. "What a prince you must be," She said to me, smirking, "I'd love to get my hands on a man like you. So strong and passionate." I felt as if I could've hurled right then. 

My mother pressed her lips together and lowered her eyes while my father managed to chuckle. "Niall, give the princess a complement, won't you? Surely she's given you a few." He nodded at her and I looked at him with disgust. What was there to complement?

"The color on your lips," I started, and she stared at me romantically. "It reminds me of the blood of my enemies." She blinked her eyes and gasped, hurt by my comment. I shrugged and forked a berry on my plate, while my father glared at me.

"Niall!"  He hissed, "You will treat her with respect. I am so ashamed of you right now." He held the hand of Edith's mother and apologized, "Please excuse him. Something has gotten into him lately. I can assure you he usually is not like this."

"I am only like this..." I paused to chew the berry, "When I feel as though I've been wrongly judged." I swallowed and turned to face Edith and her mother. I spoke to her mother, "I mean no offense to you, ma'am. But I have no interest in your daughter. Her 'princess' title does not impress me." I dabbed my mouth with a cloth napkin before pushing my chair back. The chair scratched against the ground as it moved. I stood and sighed, "Now, if you'll excuse me... I must go check on someone." I bowed, with the little respect for them I could find, before excusing myself. The clicking heels of my shoes was the only sound that could be heard. All voices had been silenced with my words.

I found my way to the kitchen, smiling in acknowledgement at all the gasps I'd heard along the way. I was rarely found in this part of the palace, and most of the people down there had never seen me in person before. I paused to speak with a few of them, and I was in a conversation with an elderly woman named Rose, when I caught (Y/N) out of the corner of my eye. "Pardon me," I said to Rose, placing my hand on her arm. She smiled and I nodded before hurrying off after (Y/N). Her eyes widened and she took off in a rush once she spotted me.

"(Y/N)!" I called, running after her quick footsteps. "(Y/N), my love, wait!"

"You do not love me!" She cried, sliding in and out of places I did not know existed. She knew her way around this part of the palace so well, but to it, I was a stranger. "You cannot love me!" She added, rushing into a dark hallway.

"Please listen to me!" I tried, "(Y/N), let me speak." I was out of breath when we both stopped running. She had hit a wall in a dark and damp room, where pots and pans hung by the walls. She placed her palms flat against the brick wall behind her, her chest heaving. She stared at me with widened eyes and I swallowed before calmly saying, "I am not like my father. I am not like any of them."

"No," She sobbed, "No, please. I can't let myself fall for you, Sir. I cannot."

"You can!" I insisted, "I will protect you."

(Y/N) shook her head frantically and cried, refusing to look at me. "P-please," She sobbed, "It will be no good for you, either. You heard the man earlier, Sir, you are meant to marry a princess. I am no princess."

"You tell such lies," I said, smiling softly at her. She finally found a way to meet her eyes with mine. "You are a princess to me. Let me have your heart, my sweet (Y/N), and I promise I will cherish it all the years of my life." I stepped closer to her, and my hands gently rested on her arms. She sniffled and I watched her lip quiver. I took her hand in mind and felt its softness, before bringing my lips to it. Her eyes watched in wonder as I pressed a kiss to the back of her hand. I rested my forehead against hers and whispered, "At least let me have the night with you, my princess. Tomorrow is another day."

She slowly brought her eyes to meet mine before nodding slowly. "You will allow it?" I whispered, in a happy shock.

"Yes," She laughed, wiping a few stray tears from her eyes. "Yes, I will allow it." I lifted her into my arms, and she wrapped her limbs around my body, giggling as I carried her. I heard even more gasps as I emerged with (Y/N) in my arms.

But I felt like I was doing something right. Carrying her all the way to my bedchamber, and ignoring the glares I got, I felt as though I was finally succeeding. 

I had the rest of the day and a whole night with my love, so as far as I was concerned, the morning was an eon away.

**Kind of like Romeo and Juliet -- falling in love right away haha! By the way, your comments on the first part of this imagine were so sweet, thank you guys so much! You're all so lovely and I appreciate it so much. I hope you enjoyed this part!! I'm not quite sure if I'm going to finish this imagine off with a Part 3, or if I'm just going to end it here. Let me know what you think I should do!**

Niall Horan Imaginesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें