"Okay." Demi got comfortable again and picked up where she left off.

"I hate you, don't leave me cause I love when you kiss me. I'm in pieces, you complete me. But I can't back down no I can't deny that I'm staying now cause I can't decide. Confused and scared I am terrified of you. I admit I'm in and out of my head. Don't listen to a single word I've said. Just hear me out before you run away, cause I can't take this pain, nooo. I'm addicted to the madness, I'm a daughter of the sadness. I've been here too many times before. Been abandoned and I'm scared now, I can't handle another fall out. I am fragile, just washed up on the shore.

They forget me, don't see me. When they love me, they leave me. I admit I'm in and out of my head. Don't listen to a single word I've said. Just hear me out before you run away, cause I can't take this pain, no I can't take this pain. I hate you, don't leave me. I hate you, please love me," Demi finished, terrified to look up at him and see his reaction. It was different than everything that was on her album. It felt like something she hadn't written in a while.

"You just came up with that?"

"Yeah, I was just...singing."

"It's amazing...it reminds me of your old stuff, just raw and real and unapologetic. I really liked it," Drake complimented, causing Demi to finally look up with a shy smile on her face.

"Really? I mean, I would probably never release it since it's not really my sound anymore but you really liked it?" Demi beamed as Drake nodded and moved the guitar off of her lap.

"You're something special." He pulled her forward so that she was now positioned on his lap and her arms went around his neck and she snuggled into him like she had done countless times before. Now would be the perfect time to tell him that she loved him and to apologize for making him wait so long for it but the words still wouldn't leave her mouth, so she just closed her eyes and enjoyed their little moments. They had been few and far between lately.

It was the day of the VMAs and yes Demi was excited and it was a big night in music but she kind of didn't want to go. There had been butterflies in the pit of her stomach since she had rolled out of bed to make breakfast for her, Drake, and Lola and she couldn't figure out why. She just felt like something bad was going to happen, but what else could possibly go wrong for her? Would she get booed off stage? Would her dress not fit the right way? Would she completely forget the words to her song? With everything that had been going wrong lately she couldn't think of anything going right.

"Hey Clyde?" She got the attention of her stylist who stopped pulling products out of his bag and looked at her.

"Do you think you could take my extensions out and give me a trim? I'm tired of wearing my hair long...and I think I wanna dye it," Demi questioned as Clyde grinned and rushed over to her.

"Oh yeah, I have the perfect style for that," Clyde said with an excited smile. She flashed one back at him before going back to whatever she was doing on her phone, not that she could really remember what it was.

After three hours of hair and makeup and soundcheck for her performance it was time to walk the red carpet and she was slipping into her heels when Drake called her name from downstairs.

"It's gonna be over by the time we get there!" Drake exclaimed as Demi giggled and put on her shiny black red bottoms.

"That's kind of the point!" she grabbed her clutch before finally making her way downstairs. Drake had been irritated with her before but as soon as he saw her coming down the stairs in the skin tight shiny black dress, all of his irritation floated away. The dress was long sleeve with an open back and she paired it with Louboutins that made her legs go on for miles. Her hair was now dyed a blonde color but she had brown streaks in her hair that matched her roots. And it looked good. It was all swept to the side and hung over one of her shoulders in loose curls. She looked amazing, and if she wasn't performing they wouldn't be going to the show tonight.