Chapter 20 | Part 1

Jayda had never felt so out of control in her life, she didn't even know what was going on in her own head.  She was loosing everyone that had ever cared about her, and all of them to Emily.  She hated Emily so much, and her father expected her to be happy? How could she be happy when she was loosing everything?

The darkness was building up inside of her, her lack of empathy for her father was enough evidence alone; but to add to it she could feel her heart beginnign to beat slower and slower. The last time she had looked in the mirror, her eyes had barely even been blue.

Jayda looked up from her lap and gasped. There was Hayden, being pulled from the building, she ran to him and grabbed him in a hug.

Startled his body stiffened, but then he realized who it was. He wrapped her in an embrace and breathed out heavily, he was relieved to see her.  

He realized now how he had grown, they were once the same height, now she was at least two inches shorter than he.   They stood in the embrace until they heard the man in front of them clear his throat.

“Can I help you?”

“Please sir.”

Jayda said, pulling back but not daring to leave Hayden’s touch.

“He’s not supposed to be here.  Whatever you paid, I’ll double it.”

“No ma’am.  We need a slave in out house.”

Jayda bit her lip, she didn’t know what to do, but she knew that she couldn’t lose him.

The woman came up next to her husband and pulled him next to her.

“You love him don’t you.”

Jayda smiled and began to softly cry. 

“Yes.” 

She paused.  It made sense.  She did.

“Yes, I do.”

Hayden held her close to him, he couldn’t believe what he was hearing.

She loved him.