Chapter 12 | Part 2

* 

I had no idea what I was supposed to do, Jayda had never left me at the house before, she had given me a list of things to do, but I had finished them.   

I was sitting back when I remembered that Anrai was still here too, I made my way to Ethan’s room where I figured he’d be, he seemed to have been avoiding me all morning, I just attributed it to duties elsewhere.

“Anrai?”

I called as I reached the room. 

“Yeah?”

He called from the bathroom where he had been mopping the floor .

“Can I help?”

“Don’t you have other things to do?” 

“Finished everything.”

“Uh, sure I guess.”

He turned the mop over to me and started putting Ethan’s clothes away in the drawers.

“I’m sorry about last night, I shouldn’t have asked.” 

‘No big deal.”

“If its not, then do you mind my asking why Miss Jayda did that to you?”

I sighed,

“It’s not pleasant to recall, she had electrocuted a man earlier that day, I was scared, so I went back up to the rooms where I was staying, this was before the basement, and just sat there paralyzed by it, she had already hit me, I couldn’t imagine having an electric shock. I was sitting there when Lilli came in, Lilli is, well beautiful, she had offered to show me around earlier that day, I knew it wasn’t a good idea, but I needed to get my mind off of what had happened, so I let her lead me away. We walked all around, she held my hand and we kissed, but that was the moment when mistress came down. She told Lilli to leave, Lilli ran down the path, leaving the two of us. I was so scared, I tried to say something, I don't remember what, but it doesn’t matter. It wouldn’t have done me any good.  I was in a fragile position before Lilli, I knew when we left that this act of defiance wouldn’t be okay anywhere else, and it probably wasn’t okay here, but I went anyway.  She was angry, and probably upset about what had happened, she hit me with her voltage and I woke up in that torture chamber.”

I had finished mopping and moved to the door frame, Anrai was kneeling by the drawer, head down.

“That’s horrible.”

“It happened and I can’t change that. I’ve forgotten it, but never gone out of line again.”

“How can you stay? She seems to give you more freedom than master has ever allowed me, why not run?”

“I don’t know.”

My answer was a lie, I knew exactly why I stayed, but I couldn’t bring myself to say it.

“Is Lilli still here?”

“She may be, I took her place serving meals, and haven’t seen her around, but she might still be here.”

He shook his head.

“You’re stronger than anyone I’ve known before.”

*

Jayda and Ethan were enjoying their meal very thuroughly when Hayden's speculations suddenly came back to Jayda's mind.

"So you chose the ancient clan Ethan?"

He coughed at her sudden question.

"Yeah, something like that."

"Do you feel anything?"

"Nothing but my love for you."