Chapter 17 | Part 1

When Jayda walked into the boys' room the next morning she found them in conversation, waiting on the beds for an order.

"Would you like to come and get breakfast with me?"

She asked Hayden. He looked up from the bed.  

"If you wish me to." 

She shook her head.

"I just thought you might be hungry."

Then is was his turn to shake his. He didn't want to eat. He didn't want to watch as the young man behind the desk flirted with her. He was done.

"Okay then. I'll be back up later."

She turned to Anrai who shook his head in return.

She walked out the door, and sat down in the hallway, put her head in her hands and began to sob.

"Why didn't you go with her? Hayden its become obvious to me that you care for her." 

Hayden pulled his feet up onto the bed, clutching his knees to his chest. He looked up at Anrai.

"I'm done. I can't battle fate any longer. She doesn't care for me. I've made peace with that."

Anrai shook his head, feeling sorrow for his friend who's spirit had been broken.

_____

At 9:30 the three made their way once again to the theatre.

Jayda's phone began to ring in the car. She spoke for a couple of minutes before saying goodbye and falling forward onto her lap.

"What is it?" 

Hayden asked her from the seat to her right.

"Dad's marrying Emily. We have to fly straight to Oregon from here tomorrow." 

She sat back up and put her hand to her forehead.

She couldn't believe this. How he could do that to their family.

They sat in silence, nobody knowing what to say, until they reached the theatre.

"Will you wait? We won't be long."

The cab driver nodded and they got out of the car. Anrai smiled at Jayda.

"You don't know how grateful I am to you."

She smiled at him, and shrugged.

"I made a promise. I intend to keep it."

"You have wonderful timing. It's the perfect ending to his birthday."

"Its his birthday? If only I knew! We should've gotten him something."

Anrai shook his head.

"You did miss."

The two slaves waited in the lobby while Jayda went to meet Mac, the theatres owner, in the back once again.

She had a check in hand, and was eager to get out of this place. She found him ready for her arrival.

The boy was chained, waiting to leave.

She handed him the check and him the necessary papers and his key, which she used to immediately unlock the chains.

"Do you have a camera Mac?"

He nodded and grabbed a camera off one of the side tables, smiling happily he handed it to Collin who proceeded to take a photo of the two before handing it back to his former master.  

"Have a nice evening."

Collin followed his new mistress out the door.

It seemed strange to him that she hadn't kept him chained. But he followed just the same as they made their way to the lobby

When they reached it he couldn't believe his eyes.

"A-Anrai?" 

Anrai smiled and held his arms open to the boy, who ran to meet his older brother.

The two embraced and Jayda made her way to meet Hayden.

"You've done a great favor for them."

She looked at him and smiled a little half smile and thought to herself.

What's one I can do for you?