Chapter 8 | Part 1

*

The next few weeks Hayden did exactly as Jayda directed, nothing happened that wasn't ordinary, nor did he ever see Lilli.

Jayda attended signings, shot music videos, did photo shoots, began recording for a new album, everything an up and coming pop-star would do.

As she continued working her powers continued to grow. In addition to her voltage she gained the ability to plant thoughts in peoples heads, that they would grow into actions, and she was now able to cause liquids to boil, she was beginning to control the elements, if she tried hard enough she could read people’s thoughts, though she never exercised that skill, and she had healing capabilities.

Jayda was sitting at  breakfast with her father one day when she observed Hayden, silently moving back to the kitchen trying to hide the fact that he was still in pain.

What little bit of spirit he had left had been broken. Jayda pitied him, but a true hurt that she felt in her heart.

She kept reminding herself that he was related to her mothers killers, and nothing more than a slave; but her emotions continued blocking the thought.

She wanted to open up. Let him in, but she felt that she just couldn't.

"Jayda sweetheart. I've something I must tell you."

Tyler said to his daughter that morning,

"Over the past couple of weeks I've been seeing someone. Her name is Emily. Jays, I think I love her. I want you to meet her, but I think I'm going to ask her to marry me."

Jayda looked at her father, shocked.

"You've been seeing someone for weeks without telling me? Dad how could you?"

"I just didn't think you'd like it."

"No dad, I'm happy for you. When is she coming over?"

"She'll be here for dinner tonight, we’ll be having a elegant meal this evening, please dress appropriately."

"That's great. I've got to go. See you later."

Hayden saw his mistress get up to leave and hurried to follow her, leaving Maci, who hadn't said a friendly word to him since they started working together, to finish clearing the table.

Jayda walked up to her room, and Hayden followed wearing one of the sets of clothing Jayda had purchased for him a number of weeks before.

Jayda sat down at her desk and stared at blank pages, Hayden standing inside the door, for a matter of minutes before making her decision.

"Are you hurt?"

Hayden's eyes moved from the floor to his mistress. Questioning her inquiry.

"I-I,"

he stammered.

"Its a simple question Hayden. Are you still hurt."

"N-no mistress."

He replied, shaking his head.

"Please don't lie to me."

He remained silent for a moment.

"Yes mistress."

She stood and moved toward the bed and motioned for him to follow. He moved towards her, not daring to get onto her bed.

"Get up on the bed."