Just a week

I scrunched up my bedsheets and turned around, so that Jellal or Gray wouldn't see my tears.

The salty liquid flowed through my cheeks, stopping its way onto my chin.

The fact that I didn't know what Gray was going through, made my stomach twist like a right rope.

I tried not to make any noise, or even try to sniff.

Gray's past made me feel so miserable.
I was not with him when he needed me the most.
I broke our promise..

"Erza, promise me you will stay by my side whenever I cry.."

"Eh ? Why are you being like a girl Gray ?"

"Just promise me will you ?"

"I promise."

Yes, I am a pathetic friend..

A friend who left another friend to live his own tragedy.

How will I ever forgive myself ?

How should I make up the days he has felt pain and make him happy ?

"I have not come here just to lose her too."

I...

I know what I need to do right now.

- NEXT DAY -

"Erza honey are you sure your Sensei won't say anything if you don't go to school today ?" Mom chuckled a bit.

"No mom, when I go to school tomorrow I will just tell her that I was sick." I said and got out of bed, stretching my arms high up in the air.

"Well, as you say. Anyways I have already prepared breakfast so freshen up and come down quick okay ?" Mom said and turned around, her long, red hair swayed with her.

She headed right towards the door and was about to get out, but I stopped her.

"Mom."

"Yes ?"

"Where is Gray..?"

"In his room sweetheart, why ?"

"Nothing..can you..uh..make rice cakes for him ? He really loves them and I don't think he got the chance to eat them.."

The one thing which I knew about Gray was that he loved Rice Cakes, and Mom was totally an expert in making them perfectly. Gray would always come rushing to my house whenever I said that she is making hot rice cakes, and because of that mom had to make a little too extra.

"Sure Erza.. I will. In fact I will also ask him to join us for breakfast. Now now I need to set the table, come quick downstairs alright ?" Mom left the room, closing the door behind her in a hurry. Her footsteps could be vaguely heard heading down the stairs.

"Alright." I replied anyways.

I freshened myself up - which in fact merely takes me 5 to 8 minutes stat -

Today I wore a cute black dress, adorning my hair with a white bow, and giving myself side bangs.

I felt really fresh like a newly bloomed flower.

After taking a few deep breaths, I headed downstairs.

The tasty scent of freshly baked pancakes with melted butter and maple syrup, went through my nostrils like a drug.

My stomach reacted with a growl.

"You look lovely today, anything special ?" Mom asked as I pilled out the chair to sit down.