Call Me Maybe- Carly Rae Jepsen

Annabeth POV

"Has anyone gotten any texts from Frank?" Hazel asked. We were all hanging out in Piper's room. Since it was Friday, we were having a girls' night. Leo was at Robotics club and Jason had baseball practice anyway.

"Nope. But Nolan just sent me a video of Coach Hedge nailing Jason with a baseball for not paying attention!" Piper giggled.

"How fast do you think he'll go batty if they lose their next game?" Reyna commented.

Everyone began placing bets. Coach Hedge was borderline psychopathic. He always had a baseball bat over his shoulder, and didn't hesitate to swing it at students or athletes whose performances he thought were sub-par. Even for a man who was about 4 foot 11, he was terrifying.

"You're all on!" Reyna and Thalia began to scribble down dollar amounts and times.

"Hazel, why'd you ask about Frank?" I finally asked when the shouting and money-waving was done.

"He hasn't texted me yet. Practice ended 20 minutes ago and he usually texts me right after."

"I haven't gotten anything from Percy either..." I murmured, wondering why. Normally the Blueberry Boy had texted me by now.

"Let's call one of them." Hazel suggested.

"But it's girls' night!" Thalia protested. "Girls' night!"

"It won't take long. I'm going to call Percy." I pulled my phone out and pushed the familiar phone number.

"Fine, but put him on speakerphone."

--------------------------

Frank and I were jogging on treadmills when my phone rang. I was barely breathing hard, so I just answered and clicked the speakerphone. "Wassup, Annie?"

"Don't call me that. Is something wrong?"

I frowned. "What do you mean?"

"You didn't text me after practice."

"In my defense, I was doing something else. I just forgot to."

"What would that be?" She sounded slightly dubious.

"I was talking with Frank and skateboarding at the same time. That enough was taking all my mental power, since I had to concentrate on skating in a straight line and keeping up a complex conversation."

"Why were you talking to Frank? And are you still with him?"

I raised an eyebrow. "Well, I was talking to Frank because he's my buddy. My bro, me amigo bueno. And yeah I'm still with him."

Hazel spoke suddenly. "Frank's there? Where are you? And what in the world are you doing?" They could probably hear the treadmill.

"We're treadmill racing!" Frank called, his breathing only now beginning to be labored.

"Why?" Thalia's voice rang out from the phone.

"It's actually really helpful, for endurance and calorie torching." Reyna replied.

"Annabeth, did you call me from your girls' night?" I asked.

"YES SHE DID!" Thalia screamed, sounding irritated. "See, even Percy knows you don't call guys during a girls' night, unless you're prank-calling them!"

"Shut up, Thalia. We just wanted to make sure nothing happened, since Frank didn't text Hazel either." Annabeth explained.

"Sorry, Haz! I forgot!" Frank called. He was breathing much harder now, while I was only just starting to lose my breath.

"Frank you sound like you're gonna die." Hazel commented worriedly.

"I'm....fine. This....is harder...than it seems." Frank panted, slapping the off button on his treadmill. Bruce, who had been watching, nodded and wrote down the time on his clipboard.

"Aw c'mon Frank, I coulda gone on for another 10 minutes!" I complained, turning my treadmill off too and hopping onto the floor.

"Shut up." Frank snapped, bent over trying to catch his breath.

"Well, I guess, bye then." Annabeth said.

The line clicked before I could respond.

"Well that was interesting. You have good endurance, Frank. I'm sure you could have gone longer if you hadn't had any practice earlier." Bruce commented.

"Thanks....man." Frank muttered.

"What now, Bruce?" I asked.

"I want to test weapons. Bows, swords, spears, et cetera. I want to know what Frank can do, and to what extent. I think I know his parent, and it doesn't quite match, but sometimes they don't."

"Bruce is smarter than the children of Athena." I explained to Frank.

"Great...can I get a breather first? Maybe some food?"

"Of course man! You should have said something. Also, if you want to stay here tonight, I'm sure Tony would be fine with it. J can you ask the Mr. Ego about Frank staying over?"

"Of course sir." We waited in silence.

"He says yes, and not to call him Mr. Ego."

"Tell him I'll stop that when he stops reprogramming your responses to me."

"Yes sir."

"JARVIS?"

"Yes, sir?"

"Call me Percy." I reminded him.

"Of course."

[A/N Should I keep Frank as a Roman or should I change him to Greek? Take your pick and I will CONSIDER your answer. I won't necessarily go with the most popular, it depends on what I decide.]