Chapter Ocho

THE very next morning I woke up to someone pounding on my door in a disruptive manner. Then I jumped out of bed, eyes opened wide, pulse racing. I groaned and got ready for school. I slipped on a pair of dark skinny jeans, a dark plaid purple shirt, long earrings, and my shoes with the little heal. After brushing my teeth, I went out into the hallway, and walked into the kitchen. "Gooo-oood moorning!" I called out to no one in particular.

As I walked into the kitchen, I covered my mouth, and held my stomach together to stop myself from rolling over the floor. I was gasping, and struggling to breath. Logan obviously went to a different school than I did, because he's wearing a uniform. Trust me, uniforms are all right, but not when they look like that. Logan was wearing a dark blue suit, tie, the whole combo, but... "Dude. C'mon now... Do we have a mirror?" I sighed and shook my head, "You pants look like they're swallowing your shirt alive, your tie is suffocating your neck, and if your pants weren't so high you wouldn't look like you were flooding."

Logan shrugged, and I was a little disappointed that he totally kept his cool. "Where's Ella?" I asked him as I popped a few waffles into the toaster. "Ella?" He asked, not looking up from his eggs, and I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, Ella. Sean. Dr. Dellacquila. Whatever you call him." Logan nodded, "He gets up earlier than we do, so I'm stuck driving you to school." I grinned mischievously, "OOhh well this should be interesting.." I noticed his eyes grow big for a moment as he slowly nodded.

"Remind me what school you go to, so I can avoid it at all costs." I joked, and pulled out a jar of Nutella. "Nottingham Towers, Vintage boulevard, cross between Clearview and Hickory." I shrugged, nice to know. "Are those uniforms mandatory, or do you just like to wear it for fun?" I asked, and I do believe that I got a smile out of him, but I wasn't quite sure because all I was seeing was the side of his face.

"I wish,.. nah they're mandatory." He replied, and I nodded as I took out a buttering knife and waited for the waffles to pop out of the toaster. "You know where my school is right? Because you're gonna drop me off?" I asked, making sure. He nodded, "On Woodmere?" I shook my head, "Naw, Woodbeer. Hm... That's something to try someday. Ever had Woodbeer, chomps?"

'Chomps' rolled his eyes, but other than that remained quiet. "You just anti-social, or just don't like me, or what? 'Cause its kind of weird seeing a dude with attitude longer than his pants." Chomps sighed, and I knew that he was going to love the drive to drop me off.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

And I was right. Chomps thought the ride to my school was majestic, and I really think I got through to him. If going through someone meant going under their skin (figuratively people, figuratively) then I did just that. It was quite an amusing ride, and it put me in a good mood.

My good mood bubbled and boiled into the mist as soon as I remembered that Shouelle wouldn't be here. She never will again.

Then I remembered Turf, and Mirabelle. FUCK. I totally forgot that they went to the same school. I'm so totally screwed.

____________________________________________________

Tuscan wasn't at school today, and I decided that I had to pay him a visit. Soon. Perhaps Logan could drop me over at Tuscan's house before Logan takes me back to Ella's place.

On the plus side, I found Rocco (Rosalinda's brother), and I knew that I had to devise some sort of plan to get information out of him. The problem was that Rocco never takes anything seriously. If he does, its got to be a trade offer. You give him a lil something, he gives you a lil something in return. (Sigh.) This was going to be one hell of a task....