Chapter 12- hot waiter

Alyssa and I waited at the counter while our drinks were being made. I felt kind of bad that I blew her off for Luke twice now, so I took her to Starbucks (even though I don't like the place.)

"So your mom just let it slide?" She had disbelief in her eyes.

"Yeah! Can you believe it? I would have whooped my daughters ass!"
We both started to laugh, and then the cashier called our names.

"Thanks," I say as we left the store.
It was a typical Sunday. Summer break had just started, so our little shopping centre was sorta busy.

"Ya hungry?" She asked.

I gave her a stupid look. "When am I not?" We both started to laugh and Alyssa took us to IHOP.

We got seated at a booth and started to have a little chat while we waited for our waiter.

"I'm so happy that you met Luke, actually. It'll get you off my back now." She started to giggle.

"Gee, thanks," I replied, rolling my eyes.

She winked at me. "I'm just kidding. You know I love you, Parker. No matter how fucking annoying you get."
I smiled and shrugged.

Soon enough, a waiter came over to our table to greet us. Alyssa took one glance at him and she couldn't speak. It was kind of funny, actually.

"Can I start you ladies off with a drink?" He said, looking directly at Alyssa.

"I'll have sweet tea," I said, interrupting their stares towards each other.

He smiled at me and turned his attention back to Alyssa. "And you, Miss?"

"Yeah I..yeah, me too," she managed to say.

I started to laugh a bit.

"Alright, I'll be right back," he said, winking at my best friend.

"Did you see that!!? HE FUCKING WINKED AT MEE!" Alyssa was whisper yelling and leaning across the table.

I started to laugh again. "Why don't you get his number?" I asked, pursing my lips.

"Maybe I will!" She smirked.

It kinda reminded me of how I was acting when I met Luke, except I wasn't as fucking retarded. For some reason, though, my heart was literally aching for him. Although I had just seen him this morning.

I decided to text him, and to my surprise, he didn't respond immediately like he usually did.

"He's coming BACK!!" Alyssa started banging on the table for me to look up from my phone. Then she placed her hands under her chin and smiled politely.

"Here you go, ladies." He set our drinks down on the table. Alyssa bit her lip, trying to hold in her screams.
Her and I were so different when it came to guys. I was all calm and awkward, and she was just obnoxious. Apparently, though, this guy found it attractive.

We ordered our food and I checked my phone, but I didn't have a reply from Luke yet.

"I'm getting his number. I'm getting it. There's no way in hell I'm not," she muttered loud enough for me to hear.

"Dude, calm down," I said, laughing.

"Okay Miss 'I've only known my boyfriend for a week and have already had sex with him.'"

I gave her a playful glare, but ended up laughing it off because she was right.

"So.. How was it?" She suddenly asked, propping her elbows on the table. I could tell she was actually interested in hearing this.