Chapter 7- "mommy daughter day"

The next morning was Saturday.
I looked out the window to see it was dark and cloudy, probably about to storm. There was a smell lingering in the air and once I recognized what it was, I jumped out of bed and ran down stairs.

"BACON!" I yelled.

When I got to the kitchen I saw mom sitting at the table with a cup of coffee, and a plate that had bacon and eggs on it. I felt my mouth start to water.

"You've always had and obsession with bacon," she rolled her eyes and slid me the plate.

"Yeah, I have!" I said, licking my lips and taking a piece. "Where's my orange juice, woman?!"

She glared at me and said," In the fridge, get it yourself." I giggled and went to pour myself a glass of orange juice.

"Excited for tonight?" My mom asked.

"As long as you promise not to embarrass me." I raised my eyebrows.

"Oh shut up, I'm a cool mom."

I laughed. "That's exactly what an uncool mom would say."

She rolled her eyes and sipped at her coffee. "So, how about we go shopping for the day?" I asked casually while standing up.

"Yeah sounds fun. Mommy daughter day!" She said, pumping her fists in the air.

I smiled. "I'm gonna go get dressed."

**

Luke and Alyssa had both texted me while I was down stairs. I decided to answer Alyssa later, all she said was, "hey," anyways.

Texting Luke back, I told him to come around seven thirty since he'd asked what time he should be at my house.
I quickly picked an outfit and ran out of my room, bumping into my mom.

"Lukes coming at 7:30. Okay? Okay." I said, straightening her sweater.

"Okay, that's fine. Let's get going."
********************
"Can we go into hot topic, I want some more t-shirts," I said, pulling my mom along.

She made a face. "It's so stuffy in there."

I ignored her and went to the back of the store and looked up at the wall of tees. Hot topic was one of my favorite stores just because they had the best t-shirts ever. Almost every time I went, I got a new band tee. 

As I was searching for a shirt, I got distracted by something tall, green and fuzzy walking beside me. I looked over to see a familiar face: It was Michael from the concert.

Without thinking, I pulled his shoulder and blurted out, "Hey Michael!"

He turned around with a funny look on his face before he remembered who I was. His face lit up when he recognized me.

"Oh, hey! Parker, right?"

"Yep, that's me," I said, pointing to myself and making an ugly face. He laughed at me.

"What are you doing here?" He asked. He looked kind of confused. Then he added, "You don't seem like someone to shop here."

"Are you kidding? I love this store!" I stuck my arms out and looked up at the ceiling being dramatic about it.

He did a little chuckle. "Me too. I got to go, but I'll see you later tonight."

I scrunched my face, not knowing what he was talking about. Then I remembered that Luke made plans for me to hang out with his friends after dinner.
"Oh yeah, that's right. See ya!"

He waved me bye, and I waved back. Then he headed to the to the next shop over. I think it was a hair dye store.

My mom rushed over to where I was standing. "Alright, let's go. This place is getting weird."

I put my hand on her shoulder. "No ma, I think you're just getting old and lame." I started to laugh at my comment.

She rolled her eyes "Haha. Very funny."

My mom and I left the store and headed over to the food court. It wasn't very busy, which was weird considering it was a Saturday during summer break.

Nothing really happened for the rest of the time we were there. I was just looking forward to tonight. When we left the mall, it was about six thirty.
***
"What do you think Luke would want for dinner?" My mom asked as we walked in the house.

"Hell with Luke, I want Alfredo noodles and garlic knots." I rubbed my tummy and gave her a cheesy grin.

"But Luke's the guest, Parker.."

"You're right. He wants Alfredo noodles and garlic knots!" Before she could respond, I bolted up to my room.

It seemed like forever waiting for Luke to get there. All I could do was pace my room waiting for him to ring the doorbell. It was only seven, but I was still anxious.

What if it went totally wrong? Like if he doesn't actually like Alfredo noodles and garlic knots, that's the shit!

I was mostly worried about my mom. She's probably going to say something awkward and scare Luke away. Damn, that would suck. After ten years of waiting, I heard my mom's overly obnoxious nice voice. (Her fake voice, I like to call it.)

"Hi sweetie! Come on in!" She exclaimed.

Luke was here. My heart started to race and I walked down stairs casually to see that gorgeous boy standing in the doorway. He smiled at my mom and said, "Nice to see you, Ms. Reed."

I headed down to where they were, giving Luke a warm smile and pulling him into a hug.

"Hi," Luke said, smiling down at me.

I bit my lip. "Hey."

My mom started to walk off to the kitchen. Luke and I followed. I pulled Luke's sleeve, indicating for him to lean down.

"If she says something weird, don't run away, please," I sighed into it.
He laughed and put his arm around my waist as we made our way to the table.
******
***
*
That chapter was a lil short but I hope you liked it???

I've got one more chapter to post after this one for tonight, and I'll be back tomorrow :)

I dunno how to do dedications, but chapters 7 and 8 are dedicated to alyssakayliie
Follow her:)