Shu Weng nodded in agreement. "What your mother said is correct."

"...But..."The young mistress lowered her head, does not know what to reply.

Ruolan's face turned all pale as he thought about the family's fate if Shu Xiaofan declined the Emperor's decree, for goodness sake! Everyone knew the consequences for doing so. Execution.

"Xiaofan ah... Please just accept it. Sometimes you have to sacrifice yourself for the sake of something. And that 'something' is our family. You do not want a useless death, right..?" Her mother pleaded softly.

YES! Listen to your mother, mistress! Ruolan internally screamed. He totally understood that Shu Nuan was worried about her. Of course they wanted to see their child being happy to be with someone they loved but...

An Emperor's decree cannot be decline.

Shu Xiaofan's feelings were mixed with both anxious and angry but the situation was already set. She has to accept and follow the procedure. But deep in heart she disagreed with it. Maybe in the other's eyes, she was lucky enough to be chosen as one of the imperial concubine. But to her, it was as the same as selling her for prostitution. Was there any way to change her fate? Was there anyone who could help to replace her?

Wait. Replace her?

The young mistress she slammed the table again. The others almost jumped out from their seat with Shu Xiaofan's sudden reaction and stared at the young mistress in bewilderment.

"I GOT IT!"

Another surprised again.

Good grief, does she want to give her parents heart attack? Ruolan grumbled. But enough thinking, all that matters now was about the decree. Will she accept it or not? He prayed that she will because the future of Shu family was in her hand. Though somehow he had an ill feeling about something was going to happen.

Shu Weng knew his daughter must be up to something regarding the decree. Whatever it was, he wished it was not something that could bring problem to them. "You got what—?" The old man curiously asked.

Shu Xiaofan sat firmly with arms crossed over her chest and said, "How about finding another girl to replace me?"

The atmosphere turned gloom afterwards.

Ruolan sighed. Goodness, how 'brilliant' this young lady was. Just by looking at his master's reaction, no way would he would agree to such ridiculous idea.

"Xiaofan ah—"

"Father, mother," She cut off, "Both of you knew your daughter too well. I am not that someone who can easily agree to such thing like marriage. I do not want to marry to a stranger. Even if it is the Emperor himself, I rather die than becoming his concubine."

Both her parents frowned listening to her confession, but none of them tried to speak yet. "I know I could not manage to behave myself. I will indeed meet my own doom even I agreed to become his concubine." She continued.

Ruolan slowly nodded his head upon hearing her explanation. He has been living under the Shu family as a servant for almost twelve years. From the moment he took care of her, Shu Xiaofan never behave like a normal girl. No, she was more like a tomboy to be precise. Certainly, her unwomanly behaviour will only bring misfortune to her.

Shu Xiaofan grinned as she clapped her hand together, "Therefore, I suggest making someone to replace me! That would not be a bad idea, is it not?" Tilting her head, she gave a sweet smile to her parents.

Both husband and wife changed glance after listening to her explanation. "And who is that girl might be?" Shu Weng asked.

"Any random girl would be?" She paused for a second and suggested happily, "Maybe we can ask Guo An?"