Where Life Took Ollie

Ollie became a respected writer in America and here he is, at the after party with his award in hand.
The gold trophy certainly made him the centre of attention tonight, along with his wife, Caitlin who wore a golden dress.
For Leo, he became a soccer champion and he made time to support his best friend and embarrass him a bit by going wild and whistling and cheering too loudly.

Life didn't take Ollie to dreamland, it's just that Ollie lost everything at some point and learned his lesson.
Caitlin was two months pregnant and Oliver couldn't be happier.
Well, that if we didn't count Oliver's mother who kept telling everyone she met that her baby is having a baby.
Life was tough and hard to Oliver, she was unfair but if she was fair, Ollie wouldn't have been here now.

College was a tough time, Oliver had a hard time to keep up with everything. He didn't make a lot of friends, but he had Leo and he was more than enough, they were roommates and they completed each other.
His mother was getting treatment, he couldn't talk to her a lot, he had a hard time to keep with his classes and cleaning after Leo and tutoring him, no need to mention the amount of girls he brought over.
Either way he was grateful for Leo, for riding him places.

Caitlin had a stunning roommate called Paulina who is now engaged to Leo because he likes his girl like he likes his lollipops, tall, sweet and delicious.
Paulina came out of a rich family who were investing in fashion so naturally, Paulina became a very successful fashion designer and her clothing line was one of the most known and expensive.
The dress Caitlin is wearing for the award show was specifically designed for her by her best friend and she knew how to brag about it.

Back to Ollie, he found his genre, Non-Fiction mixed with a bit of fiction, his first book was rejected by a lot of companies and went through a lot of editing until finally, he received the award for best feels.
It was accurate, he knew what he was writing about, he wrote about what he knew.
Schizophrenia, death, choices, risks and the element of surprise, let's not forget the three girls, Karma, Hope and Faith.
The title of his book, Karma, Hope And Faith: The Element Of Surprise.
He's working on the sequel, Karma, Hope And Faith: The Circle Of Life.

He's keeping it a secret, well, he's about to announce it tonight, as he's just editing it.
"Oliver! You were awesome out there, you crushed everyone!" Leo cheered too loudly for Oliver's likings.
"Not really, I just received my award," Oliver shrugged.
"You're such a party pooper," Leo playfully shoved him and Oliver shoved him back, not caring about the public event they're at.

"Shut up you both, I can't even listen to Cathy!" Paulina told them. "Sorry, Paul," Leo said just to see his fiancée pissed. "How's the baby behaving?" Paulina glared at him for a moment then ignored him and directed her attention to her pregnant best friend. This question was enough to make Oliver direct his attention to his wife and give her a rub belly proudly to tease her.

"Good, if he just stops carving the weirdest things I'd be very grateful," she said, rubbing her non-existent belly.
It was planned, if it was a boy, he was most likely to be named Trevor and if it's a girl, he won't be able to name her because of all the beautiful names he can't choose from.
The four friends and lovers chatted about the stupidest things they ever encountered at their work.
Caitlin, being a doctor, she had the weirdest stories to tell but also, she came in handy when Oliver wanted to write accurately about a certain condition or disease. They were both very cultured and educated that they matched each other perfectly.

Caitlin was all about critical time, fast decisions and facts while Oliver was more attracted to the power of words and the beauty of fiction, even if he wrote Non-Fiction, fiction found a way to penetrate through his writing, he was more patient, he never rushed himself to write something, he was more relaxed than his wife and she made sure she envied him enough about it. Oliver was all about the right timing, words and building fictional worlds that seemed so real.