Letter 7

From: Oliver Stone.
Age: 11
To: Gus Johnson.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,uncle Gus,

Now that I know it's you who replied to my letters,because daddy's dead,daddy isn't here anymore,daddy can't be with us and therefore he can't reply to my letters,he can't punch Lucas in the face,he can't love mommy and he can't comfort Taylor about Lucas and punch him harder than you did,but most importantly,he can't keep his pinky promise and come back for me,for us,our family will always be incomplete,because there's always that missing person.
And that person,is daddy,my daddy,my own daddy and I can't replace him,I can't pretend to be like the other kids,I've been pretending to be like the others because I believed that my daddy is coming back with presents for me.

When I showed Taylor 'daddy's' letter,she didn't talk,seconds later,she chuckled through her tears and cried,then she told me that daddy's dead.
First,I didn't understand what dead means,so she talked with me about life and death for hours,and we made a research about some quotes about the truth between life and death,I felt so smart!
So,since you,uncle Gus,obliviously don't know the difference between life and death,I'll explain it to you.

Truth is,there's no particular philosophical definition (Taylor's here!) for either life and death.
But life is when you're generally aware of what's around you,you can see,feel,touch,talk,reply and think.
While death is the inability to do anything of above.

A quote that Taylor told me is that death has many forms,not every dead person can't do anything,some people are partially dead and you only realise you were living the moment you die.
She explained further that some people are emotionally dead,numb,they're here,alive,with us,yet we can't feel them,we can't define if they're happy,sad,angry or depressed. They're just sitting here,emotionless.
She also said that some of time,by the time,decide to kill themselves because your can't live your life without feelings.

Uncle Gus,I don't know if I'm mad at you for hiding this truth from me,or pretending to be my daddy while you're not.
Or should I feel thankful that you let me live my childhood without that kind of pain, I think I like the second choice.
So,thanks uncle, the best uncle,for giving me the opportunity to live like the other kids,even though it sometimes hurts.

Then,Taylor pointed at mom,cutting some veggies for dinner and she whispered "just like mommy"
I really love mommy,I don't want her to die emotionally,but I guess I'm so late.
Please,uncle Gus,save my mommy and don't let her die.

With love,
Oliver.
P.S:Taylor helped me write this one.

-------
A/N: the drama starts from here,let's cry a river.