18; Contrary Belief

Start from the beginning

She had failed Liam.

And worst of all, she was failing Scott.

● ● ●

"Hey, sorry." Stiles shut his car door, speaking loudly over the pouring rain. "I had trouble starting the jeep again, the things barely holding on. Couldn't get in touch with Lydia or Malia."

Scott looked at his best friend with an expression the human had never seen aimed towards him before, a mixture of disappointment and hurt.

"Scott?" Claire asked, stepping outside and instantly getting soaked by rain. The boy didn't answer, just reached into his jacket and pulled out a wrench.

"Where'd you get that?" Stiles asked, the tool meaning more to him than it did Claire, who watched in confusion.

"This is yours?" He held out the wrench, the other boy looking away for a moment before taking it from him. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I was going to." He started, shaking his head.

"Why didn't you tell me when it happened?"

"I couldn't." Stiles looked down at his hands, Claire about to ask what was going on.

"You killed him." She froze at Scott's words, blinking in shock. "You killed Donovan."

"H-he was going to kill my dad." He explained, eyes narrowing slightly. "What, was I supposed to just let him?"

"You weren't supposed to do this." Scott argued, shaking his head. "None of us are."

"You think I had a choice?"

"There's always a choice."

"Yeah, well I can't do what you can, Scott." His tone became defensive, raising higher. "I know you wouldn't have done it. Probably would've just figured something out right?"

"I'd try."

"Yeah because you're Scott McCall! You're the true alpha!" He yelled. "Well guess what? Not all of us can be true alphas! Some of us have to make mistakes. Some of us, have to get our hands a little bloody sometimes. Some of us are human!"

"You had to kill him?" Claire swallowed as the scene unfolded, her heart plummeting to her stomach as she watched a friendship crumble to ruins.

"Scott he was gonna kill my dad."

"The way that it happened," He shook his head. "There's a point where it's not just self defense anymore."

"What are you even talking about?" Stiles asked, stepping forward. "I don't have a choice, Scott. You don't even believe me do you?"

"I want to."

"You'd believe her though, right?" Claire flinched as Stiles gestured towards her. Scott didn't say anything, just looked down sadly. "Scott, say you believe me."

"Stiles, we can't kill the people that we're trying to save." Scott argued.

"Say you believe me." He stepped forward, the alpha backing up in fear. He looked down at the wrench, twisting it as he came to realize his own best friend was terrified of him.

If he could even call him that anymore.

"We can't kill people. You believe that?"

"What do I do about this?" Claire's eyes fell shut at the pain in his voice, unable to bear his expression. "What do you want me to do? Scott, just tell me how to fix this alright?"

"Don't worry about Malia, or Lydia. We'll find them. Maybe, uh. Maybe you should talk to your dad." With those words Scott walked towards the door of tje clinic; turning briefly to look at Claire, who hadn't moved since the arguement. "Claire?"

"Yeah, I just left my phone in the car." She said slowly, shaking her head. "I'll meet you in there."

He gave her a nod and walked inside, leaving Stiles and Claire alone in the rain. Stiles gave her a strange look as he saw her pocket light up, a notification popping up on her phone. She wet her lips before opening her car, reaching under the seat and pulling out her ring daggers.

She twisted them between her fingers, thumb grazing the initials like she always did. The brunette shoved them into her bag, her wet hair clinging to her face as she looked up at him and uttered three words.

"I believe you."

________________________

Not edited.

Ew. This literally pained me to write this because I hate! This! Episode!

Also, I've been sick the past week and my head is killing me.

Poor bby, she couldn't do anything against the doctors. She's only human.

She believes him, even though Scott doesn't. I will get more into Stiles and Claire's friendship in 5b, I promise. Staire? Evanski? Idk.

I'm really excited for the next chapters that are set on the last episode, so many ideas!

Vote and comment what you thinks gonna happen, plus thoughts so far.

Xx