Chapter 9 - Temptations

Luke's POV

I didn't get any sleep last night, my leg was too painful. I got out of bed, I look at Jai's empty bunk as the events of yesterday come flooding back to me. I was annoyed at them because they kept trying to help me and I just wanted to be on my own. Looking back I overreacted a bit but I had my reasons. I got up and hobbled through to the kitchen, the hospital had given me crutches but I couldn't be bothered to use them.

I walked into the lounge and sat on the couch. The others were no where to be seen so they must still be in bed. I layers down on the couch and shut my eyes, I didn't realise how tired I was. I was laid there for like 2 hours until I heard footsteps. I looked up to see Jai walking past. I wanted to make up with him, I needed him and I missed him.

"Jai" I said quickly, he turned round fiercely.

"What" he snapped.

I didn't know what to say.

"You went to far bro" Jai said as he walked off.

Ugh god, what have I done! I can't exactly leave or go anywhere because my leg and I've fallen out with Beau so I can't get him to drive me. It looks like even if I wanted to make up with them, witch I don't, that wouldn't let me. I kind of felt bad now, I had hurt Beau and made his head bleed and Ellie, my little sister who I am supposed to protect. I didn't mean to hurt them I just wanted to be on my own. Last night when Jai said I needed help that really hurt.

I hobbled back into my room, I had nothing better to do except lie in bed all day I couldn't exactly do anything with my day.

I got into my bed and sunk my head into my pillow.

Ellie's POV

I woke up and got out of Beaus bed. He was still asleep so I left him, I went into my room to find that Jai wasn't in there so he must be up. I went into the kitchen to find Jai making toast.

"Hey" he smiled.

"Morning" I gave him a smile back.

"I'm gonna get Beau and we're gonna go to the gym with skip, will you be okay?"

"Yeah" I sighed.

He took his toast and walked off. I wasn't looking forward to being home alone with Luke.

A few minutes later Jai and Beau left. I didn't even know where Luke was. I walked past his room to see if he was in there. I heard someone breathing so he clearly was. This was all my fault, my fault that out family were arguing. I started all of this. Suddenly I got a sensation that I hadn't had in ages, my wrist started to become itchy, not just itchy, seriously itchy.

I wanted to do it, but I knew I couldn't. I had promised the boys that I would never do it again. I wanted to do it so badly though, I felt like I deserved to have the pain. I thought to myself, just one cut won't hurt. I went with the temptation and I found myself in the bathroom. I reached my hand out to my razor and snapped the head off. I took the blade off and curled up in a ball and say in the corner.

I held my wrist out so that it was in front of me. I took the razor and slid it down my wrist. It felt good this is what I had been craving for ages, it stung but in a good way. I watched the blood as it bubbled up out of the hole. The boys would be so disappointed if they found out but they weren't going to. I sat there for a while just thinking, just me and my thoughts.

I rinsed off the razor off and my wrist. I put it back and quietly crept back into my room even though it was only Luke who was in the house. I laid down on my bed, it still smelt faintly of Jai. I breathed in his scent. A tear escaped down my cheek as I thought about how I had let myself down.