Chapter 28- hospitals

Beaus POV

We had all been sitting in Ellie's hospital room for quite a while now, she was still in the same position. I felt really guilty because I had had that stupid argument with her before she left. Jai was sat by her side holding her hand, he hadn't moved since we had come in here. Nobody really spoke we were not really in the mood.

"Is anyone hungry?" Mum asked monotone.

"Nah" I said, I wasn't in the mood to eat.

"I'll go get some Macca's" Luke said, as he got up.

Mum nodded, mum told Luke what she wanted, me and Jai didn't want anything but mum told Luke to get us some food because we had to eat, Luke then walked out of the room.

After a while longer of just sitting there the doctor came in. "I need to talk to the legal guardian" he said.

"That's me" mum said, as she stood up.

"Can we go to my office?" He asked.

Mum nodded.

"Can I come?" I asked.

The doctor nodded and we followed him to a small office leaving Jai with Ellie.

Me and mum say down in 2 chairs and the doctor sat the other side of the desk in another chair.

"Ellie is in a mild coma" he explained, "she could wake up any moment now"

"Do you know how long?" I asked impatiently.

"It's could be days, weeks even"

Mum started crying, I put my arm round her to support her.

"She's in a good condition at the moment, we're going to keep her in intensive care" the doctor explained further.

"Okay" I said.

"She also has a cracked rib and several bruises" the doctor added.

Mum nodded, she wasn't in the mood to talk, she looked so worried.

"Could you tell me how exactly this happened?" The doctor asked.

"We don't really know, my brother found her in the park like that and she blacked out" I told him.

He wrote something down and nodded.

"Okay, we'll keep you updated" he reassured us.

"Thanks" I murmured as we left the room.

As soon as we got out the office door I hugged mum, "she'll be okay" I told her.

"I hope so" she said as she hugged me back.

We went back to Ellie's room to find Luke was back with the Macca's. I decided to eat a bit because I was starting to get hungry. Luke and mum also ate but Jai refused.

"Jai you need to eat" mum told him.

"No, I can't" he said bluntly.

Mum sighed heavily, she looked really stressed.

I went over to Jai, his hand was still gripped firmly around Ellie's hand.