Chapter 20

It's been a while, but I have not seen Lydia in a really long time and last time she came here, I was not home. Mom said that she said she had been calling and texting me, but I have not received any text or call; the least she could have done is to leave a voicemail and I have not get any of that either.

I wonder if she's mad, has she given up on me. Maybe God did too, or else I wouldn't be feeling like shit and karma wouldn't be bitch slapping me for all the sin I have done. Stupid bitch, I thought as I run my fingers through my hair. I sigh and close my eyes, tired from all this nonsense, although, sleep did not come so easily.

*

I awoke the next day feeling like shit, I stop the clock from ringing anymore around five; I get up, get ready for school and then leave the house without saying goodbye. I still haven't look though the envelope and I have homework upon to catch up on.

Earlier in the morning, the school looks peaceful and not as noisy when the students are everywhere. I walk to my locker, exchange books for my current class and then make my way to the gym. I pot Jean and Morgan sitting on the stage, probably waiting for me since we had plan to meet early today yesterday; I begrudgingly accepted because honestly I did not want to "make prom happen" as the principal stated.

Instead, I want to finish my school work while getting Hannah out of the mess she's is. That, and be as far away from Morgan as possible.

"Here you are," Jean says once he sees me.

"Here I am," I fake a smile. "Let's get this over with," I say and set my bag down.

"We need to make phone calls," Morgan hands me a clipboard. "This is the list of things we need, just make sure that we have all that."

I scan through and see balloons, food, drinks among other things on the list. "Just check them off whenever we've accomplish something." Jean says. I also see king and queen crowns, disco balls, and flowers.

"The fuck? Do we really have to do this?" I ask, feeling frustrated that it's six in the morning and instead of being in bed snuggling with my pillow; I am here at school with Jean and Morgan, preparing for prom. "I mean prom is two weeks away, there is plenty of time."

"Yeah, but we have to sell tickets, post advertisements and shop," Jean answers like he has done this before, which I doubt, but prom has happened before so we get to see the gist of it.

"Why us?" Morgan asks. I walk to the other side of the room, the clipboard in hand. She pisses me off and after seeing that girl between her legs, I don't trust her or anything she says.

"Beats me," Jean shrugs.

"So what number am I supposed to call? Or am I supposed to go store to store to get these things?" I ask as I pull up my phone and search for flower shops.

"Yeah, but it's not like you'll be doing it alone."

"Huh?" I turn to the two and raise an eyebrow.

"There's Morgan," Jean points out.

"Or me," I turn to see Hannah walking towards us and I smile brightly.

"I can handle that," I said. "What are you doing here?" I asked, "Not that I'm not happy to see you or anything."

She goes to hug everybody else. "Mom and dad are fighting; I wanted to stay under the radar of the club so I figured school is the best place. I guess I was right," she smiles, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"I was taking a tour when I heard voices in here, what are you guys doing?" She peeks over my shoulder, "Oh my god, prom? But it's weeks away," she gushes.