Chapter 8

"I'd like to ..." before I could finish, the phone clicks off and I curse.

Stupid bi, I start to think as I pull the phone away from my ears only to see that it has discharged.

"For fuck sake," I throw it on the bed, making sure that it doesn't bounce off it and fall to the ground.

"Calm down," Morgan says.

She has followed me, trying to calm me down but that's the least I can do right now.

"Who the hell were those people?" I ask even though none of us knows the answer to that. "You will help me, right?" I turn to her.

"Um ... I think we should leave this to the cops."

I pull her by her collar, looking straight into her eyes. "I'm no bully but I will drag you into this if I have to." I said.

"Right," she said taking hold of my hand. "As I said, calm down."

I relax, letting go of her shirt. Feeling bad, I flip my hand to it as I try to fix the wrinkles that start to show, "I'm sorry, I don't know why but you tend to bring out the worst in me."

"Really?"

"Yes, you're all in my head." I walk to the bed, pick my phone and plug it in. "What will I do?"

Everything is starting to make sense now. Hannah's locker is by me so the stranger must've mixed things up, putting the note in my locker rather Hannah's.

But the question remains, what is she involves in and who the hell is the person who wrote the note.

"You have to leave," I tell Morgan. "Mom will be here any minute and last thing I need is her gawking over the fact that there's a girl in my room."

"Why, doesn't she know your sexuality?" Morgan asks.

"Oh, she does. At first, no but now..." I answer.

"Then why?"

"Because you're the first, you're the first to ever come in my room. Does that answer your question?" I clear my throat, "to her it is a big deal."

"Lea!"

"Shit, can you use the window?" I ask, trying not to laugh. I take her by the hand to drag her there but she tugs my hand real hard, tripping my foot hold in the sheets that drag on the floor.

I land on her, our lips nearly press against one another and before I could sneak her out unnoticed; my mom opens the door.

"Interesting," she says and before she closes the door, I see her wink at me.

Morgan's knee is between my legs as she lies back on her elbows; my hands at her side and I am looking down at her as she looks up to me.

The heat creeps up on me, turning me beet red; a reaction I don't ever want Morgan to see especially from me and without further embarrassment, I crawl away from her, backing up against a wall.

"Leave," I utter not looking at her.

Once she does, I tuck my knee beneath me and bury my face in between my legs while thinking how I can possibly fall in love with a girl nonetheless, get my best friend back while trying to find my way to God.

*

Later that night, I write to God;

                        Dear Jehovah God,

Who and what am I? A stranger lost in her own world.

*

On Monday, I find myself staring at Hannah's locker, biting on my nails as I figure out whether or not she'll attend school today.

Five minutes gone by and nothing happen. My feet are getting numb from squatting on the floor, couple inches away and it happens.

A guy comes by, looks up and down then slides a note in my locker, again mistaking my locker for hers.

I study him; his baggy clothes don't quite fit him, his sneakers seem to have been in dirt. Although he looks cute, his uncut hair that's unruly categorized him as shady.

When he turns around, I gasp; he looks like the type that I'd play with, running my fingers through his hair and toy with him like mad. Before he can see me, I duck out; right now, I'd go for him if I wasn't crushing on Morgan.

"What are you doing?"

I jump, startle out of my skin. I clutch my chest then look to see Niall, staring at me and Morgan at his side.

"None of your business," I say taking one more peek at the guy.

"Ah, that's Jean." Morgan comment, "like him?"

"Yes," I reply. "My crush of the year, would you like to introduce us?" I whip my head back to them, looking Morgan straight in the eyes.

Her eyes seethe with jealousy.

I get up, now in the same level as them. Again, I take a peek but Jean is gone, the spot he was in empty.

"Anyways, I have to go. One more hook up to deal with," Niall said winking as he backs away. 

"Just don't get any herpes," Morgan said. I laugh but silently I'm glad that no one's around to hear that.

"Funny," he said then gone.

I walk to my locker, open it and the note flutters out. I bend down to pick it up but stop on my track as the note reads;

Hurt, doesn't it? Being held captive, all helpless and alone. Think you'll be saved? Think again, stupid bitch.

I take back my comment about him being cute, before I could stop myself; my hand went smack into the locker. The impact leaves a hole in it, and though my knuckles hurt, the pain numbs the way I feel right now.

And right now, I feel like tearing someone apart.