Chapter 14

"You just had to flirt with the guy, didn't you?" Morgan asks while we walk out of the club. "I just can't ever take my eyes off of you, or else you will be flirting with the next person who walks in the room."

"What I don't understand is why you need to keep an eye on me at all?!" I shout.

"Inside voice," Jean tries to hush us down but I am not having it.

"I mean seriously, first you act all gung ho about things only to deny your feelings for me."

"You deny it too," Jean said.

"Stay out of this!" I lean against the car and cross my arms to my chest, "admit it Morgan, you have feelings for me. You either admit it or stop being a bitch every time someone pays attention to me."

"Can we leave? People are starting to stare," Jean said.

"Let them, I'm not budging until Morgan tells the truth."

Rather than doing so, she avoid looking at me and just get in the car.

"Fine," I turn to her window. "We're done." I turn to Jean, "I'll walk, see you in a few." I slam the car door shut and start to walk.

"Don't be ridiculous," Jean said.

"Watch me," I said and I walk the path home.

By the time I get home, it is already seven pm and I am seething with anger. The nerve Morgan have to try and control me, worst of all, to not have follow; so much for scribbling our names together.

I am so done, tired, and hungry. I open the fridge to find lasagna in a plastic bowl; I open the lid and then take a sniff.

"Heaven," I said.

"What are you, a dog?"

"What does that make you?" I take a bowl and a spoon.

"'Watch your tone, young lady."

I look up, nearly dropping the bowl in my hand. "Ah, mom, I'm sorry. Usually Niall is pulling my chain." I said apologetically.

"He's not here, what you getting?" she leans again the kitchen counter.

"Lasagna," I answer and put some in a plate. "Want some?"

"Later, I have a date."

"I figured," I nod. "You look really nice."

Normally, I'd grill her about moving on from dad but it's been a really long while now since dad walked out on us. I have no right to deprive mother of her happiness, even if said happiness is with another man.

"You think so?" she looks at her and smudges off her red dress.

"Yeah," I look at her then. "Wavy hair, huh? I like it," I said. "Have you told Niall?"

"Not yet, you know since he's such a mama's boy and all."

"That's disgusting," I said as I put the bowl back in the fridge and the plate in the microwave.

"Okay, love. I'll see you tonight," she walks over and kisses me on the forehead. "We'll tuck in and talk about girl stuff."

"Sure but I am also going out so I guess I'll let you when I am home. Vice versa," I said trying to get too close. I'm still raw from the walk I have done.

"Aw," she cooes. "Look at my baby growing up," she reaches out her hand for a hug.

"Not now, mom." I whine.

"Oh come on," she urges.

"Fine, but don't say I didn't warn you." I lean forward and hug her.

"That's my girl," she squeezes. I bite my lips to keep from screaming out.