Chapter 6

As my brother drives me to the party, I suddenly have the urge to not go anymore. I don't know, I have a feeling that something big is going to happen and I'm not sure that it is good.

While waiting for the light, someone taps on the right side of the window, which is where I am sitting and I nearly have a fright.

"Yes," I wheel the window down when I see that it's Hannah standing there, hopping from left to right. "Do you have to pee or something?" I ask, putting my head out and looking around.

Standing farther is someone I don't recognize, "If you're here to rob us, I'll kill you."

"With what?" she stops, my brother shifts in his seat.

"My hands, duh. I can do it and you know it."

She rolls her eyes at me, "Can we get a ride?"

"What's the password?" my brother asks.

"Huh?"

"You heard him," I say to Hannah and sit back in the chair.

"Fine, can I please ride with you?"

My brother gives her the okay to get in the car and then she signals the stranger who is just standing there smoking a cigarette.

Once they get in, Hannah introduces him; his name is Brant, and he used to live here until he had to go back and live with his estranged uncle.

"So what are you doing back?" I ask, not meaning to be mean but it comes out that way.

"Oh, a friend I knew from here invited me." he replies.

I have a feeling that such friend could be my best friend but I don't stress it; I look in the rear view mirror that is in the car. I caught a glimpse of her looking at me but then quickly turn away. I have a feeling that there'll be a serious talk later on.

We ride the next few minutes in silence. Through the night where the streets are isolated, and quiet; further down, we hear music blasting, Heart Attack by One Direction is going hammers through the speakers.

"We're here," brother said, stating the obvious.

"Yeah," I mumble.

Before my brother can park the car, Hannah and Brant are already getting ready to step out.

"Hannah," I call out to her as I reach for her hand.

"Not now," she says and walks out after Brant did.

I feel bad, though she is my best friend, lately we have not been doing what best friends do. And that is hanging out, catching up on things while talking about the latest gossip and boys.

Definitely boys or girls.

Suddenly, I feel left out as if I don't belong and right there and then; I want to crawl in a hole, shrivel up and die. It's not Hannah's fault, I'm the one who has not been around especially for a while now.

I sigh.

"You coming." My brother states as he bangs on the hood of his car.

I realize that I've been sitting here a while because the song has been changed to Do It Again by Pia Mia featuring Chris Brown and Tyga.

"Yeah," I said and get out of the car.

*

I don't like the sand, it's getting everywhere. Ugh, bottles, cups and fast food trash are sprayed all over the area but besides that, the night is good. By the sea, I can feel the breeze picking up as the water splashes in and out. People are talking, laughing and enjoying themselves; I see a couple people I know from class especially the geeky guy, which is weird considering his outburst in class.