CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Beginne am Anfang

"I know." I took my seatbelt off and stood up on my tiptoes to kiss soft lips.  Ethan’s wrinkled brow was a feature I hadn't seen before, I ran my thumb over it to smooth the little line it created.  "We will be there asap, in the meantime the best doctors have been concurring on your Fathers condition, have faith Ethan." Faith wasn't a word I used very often but it was befitting this situation.  

"Your a sweetheart Addison, I don't deserve you...I..."

"Hush now." I placed my hand lightly over his lips. "Make your call." He walked to another seat on the plane and spoke for five or so minutes, mostly he nodded his head and listened.  From his serious expression I garnered his Father wasn't out of the woods yet, but time would tell.  There was nothing left to do but fly, and fly we did.  

Taxing down the runway the nose of the plane lifted and I was pushed back into my seat with my belly doing the ritualistic flip flop it always did.  Ethan’s eyes were sealed shut, he held my hand and twirled mindlessly the rings i always wore.  

Good bye Australia hello USA!

......

Once we were flying at 35,000ft breakfast was immediately served.  We were ushered to a dining table with a cushy bench setting and given bacon, scrambled eggs and bagels with the much needed cappuccino.

I almost creamed my pants when I took a sip, best airplane coffee I had ever had and that was saying a lot.  A girl could get used to traveling like this.

Corinna lingered more than was necessary but in a way I couldn't blame her, being a drop dead gorgeous gentleman would do that to a woman.  Although the light brushing of her hand on his arm was too obvious for my liking, he was still mine for another twenty-four hours lady so back off, I threw daggers at her with my eyes.

We had been up in the air for almost two hours and the lack of sleep to due sexual activities and the early morning emergency was starting to catch up to me.  I had made my way over to the plush leather seat and was making some notes on my laptop of my latest trip.  Mostly the eateries I had been to, the most memorable ones were where Ethan and I had been to together.   Memorable not because of the food, although I’m sure it was delicious, but when eating opposite such a delectable specimen one did well to just chew and swallow.

Stifling a yawn I kicked my Chuck Taylors off pushing them under my seat.  Thankfully the seats were a lot larger than coach and I pulled my legs up under my chin and clasp my hands around them.  I watched Ethan typing away at his laptop, I tried to keep my eyelids from closing, not wanting to submit to sleep.

Squashing my head onto the pillow I struggled to find a comfortable position, this went on for afew minutes until I ended up with my legs sitting across Ethan’s lap who was looking at me with amusement written all over his face.  I screwed my face up at him.

"What?" 

"Addison...if you would like to sleep there is a bedroom down back," He said gesturing behind us with his thumb.  “You can lie down and have a sleep, I promise to not disturb you and I have some paperwork I would like to tidy up before we get back”.