XVI - The Trio Reunited

"Charlotte, where are you?" I called out running through the forest, in a panic. "Charlotte!"

"Help! It's M-Murphy! Madi-" she called back, followed by a scream. I picked up my pace. I have to save her.

"Shut up, you little bitch!" Murphy screamed at her. I rounded a tree, there she was. Murphy had her dangling in a tree. Her face turning blue as she begged for breath. "Look who decided to join us," Murphy laughed evilly.

"Madison, why didn't you save me? You promised!" Charlotte cried. Tears pooled in my eyes as my breath hitches and lump formed in my throat.

"Yes, Madison, why didn't you save her?" an oh-so-familiar voice called out from behind me. I turned seeing him walk towards me.

"Dad?" I quested running towards him. I opened my arms to hug his but he burst into dust when I reached him.

"Looks like you couldn't save Daddy either," Murphy laughed, his words echoing around me.

I spun on my heals, when suddenly I felt a weight in my arms. I looked down seeing a dead Charlotte, covered in blood.

"You did this!" Charlotte screamed opening her eyes, revealing only whites.

-

"Woah, Madison, wake up!" Octavia woke me from my nightmare. I groaned, it can't be morning already. "It's the Ark! They sent us something!" she explained further. I opened my eyes.

"Really?" I asked sitting upright. I looked over at the door to our tent, Octavia sticking her head in looking at me.

"Yeah, get out her," she finished closing the flap. I slide my jacket over my arms, realising they were covered in a cold sweat. I rubbed away the tears that surrounded my damp eyes, not wanting to explain them to anyone.

I opened the flap and looked at the sky. There it was. A pod firing down towards the Earth. A parachute shot out of it. "It's a pod," I breathed out. I remember Raven showing them to me constantly when she found pictures in an old book.

"There!" Octavia said looking at me then behind her. I turned seeing Bellamy walking towards us... shirtless. He looked at my with furrowed brows. I wiped my eyes again, using back of my hand.

"Now we can kick some Grounder ass," a boy in the back laughed, it was Jones, I think.

"Please tell they brought don't some shampoo," Roma said stupidly. I looked at her confused... shampoo, really? We're low on food and our lives our being threatened by Grounders-- and she wants shampoo?

I rolled my eyes and made a clear track towards for the dropship to get some tools. I'm sure some Grounders saw that too. I grabbed a knife for my hip and another for my hand.

"Hey, you ready?" Octavia asked as I stepped out of the dropship. I looked at her hand, she was unarmed.

"Yeah, but your not," I exclaimed grabbing the younger Blake's hand almost motherly. "Where's your weapon?"

"I'll be fine, I have you and Bell don't I?" she smiled innocently. I won't be able to put up much of a fight when it comes to fighting a Grounder, especially if they a spear and an arm like the one who hit Jasper.