V - Knight In Shining Goggles.

CHAPTER V - Knight In Shining Goggles.

I pulled my jumpsuit off so I was left in just my blue tank top and white underwear. Octavia was doing the same, except she had a purple tank top and black underwear.

"Hey, Madison, what are you doing?" Finn screamed. I look back at the four, Monty and Jasper smirking.

Octavia and I stepped towards the edge.

"Guys, what the hell are you doing?" Clarke cried out. Ignoring both Finn and Clarke we grab hands and jump.

"It's so shallow," I comment. I giggled as I move my fingers though the liquid.

"Quick, quick, kneel down, pretend it's deep," Octavia giggles kneeling down. I copying her seeing the other run over.

"Octavia, Madison, we can't swim," Monty shouts down to us.

"No but we can stand," she laughs getting to her feet. I climbed my back to the shore, sitting on the ledge.

"Wait, there's not ment to be a river here," Clarke explained. Worried again.

"Well there is, so take you damn clothes off," laughed Finn.

I kicked my feet in the water, the way I saw on old movies. The others were undressing.

"Octavia, get out of the water!" Jasper warned. I looked out over the river, noticing the water rippling as it made its way towards Octavia. "Get out of the water now!"

Suddenly her body was flung and thrown under the water. I stood up screaming her name, "Octavia!" The rest of the group also were screaming for the brunette.

"What the hell is that?" Monty asked breathlessly.

Finn started removing his jacket, throwing it on the rocky shore. "Wait Finn, what are you going to do?" I asked, pushing him back before he could do anything stupid.

"Try not to get eaten," I replied. He was about to take off his top when said Clarke spoke.

"Maybe if we distract it, it might let her go." Her got down on her knees noticing a large rock was loose. "Help me!" she ordered the group.

Monty and Finn helped Clarke push the rock into the water while I ran down to a low part of the shore. The rock plunged into the shallow water, distracting the creature.

"It worked! It let her go." Monty beamed.

"Octavia, get to the shore now," Jasper shouted to her as she kicked around in the water. I ran into the water grabbing her waist and pulling her up. Jasper ran down to help me.

"It's coming back, headed right for you guys," Monty warned. We pulled her up as fast as we could. I felt the rocky shore and pulled harder.

"Come on, come on keep moving," Jasper encouraged. Octavia flopped on the surface breathing hard, as well as Jasper and I. I looked down at her leg. Bite marks.

Clarke, Finn and Monty ran over to the scene. Clarke gripped her leg, studying it. She then ripped Jasper's shirt along the bottom and tied it around Octavia's leg-- above the wound.

"Thank you, thank you," she breathed while hugging Jasper and myself.

"You'll be okay," Clarke assured her.

"Note to self: next time save the girl," Monty chuckled, patting Jasper's back. All of us chuckled lightly.

* * * * *

After Clarke decided Octavia would need a few hours to rest we sent up camp for the night just inside the tree line.

"Hey, Madison," Octavia greeted me. I sitting over beside a tree, my head leading against the bark, staring into the sky.

"Hey," I nodded back. Not looking away from the star filled sky. Octavia took a seat beside me. "Can't sleep?" I asked.

"Who could?" she asked rhetorically, chuckling lightly. "So what the deal with you and Finn?" she out bursted, changing the mood.

"Promise you would tell anyone?" I leaned over, my voice barely above a whisper. I turned my head her, noticing her nodding. "Your families not the only one good at hiding things, Finn's my brother."

"Oh My God, really? Bu- but how? Well I know how," she gasped. "Me and Bell are the only siblings on the Ark. Is that why you were locked up?"

"No. When our station manger was checking our room after you were caught-- they wanted to make sure no one else was hiding kids --they found pictures of me and Finn as toddlers. They realised we looked very similar so they ran tests on our blood. They were a match. So they then tested our Dads blood-- we have different moms --that was also a match. So they tried floating my old man. Before it though me and my best friend snuck into Jaha's office and deleted the file."

"How'd you get caught then?" Octavia interrupted.

"Just as we were about leave Josh checked if it was clear. It wasn't. Jaha and Clarke's mom were coming so we jumped into the closet. after they left we stepped out but Kane came in, realised who I was and checked the computed, knowing I deleted a file he called the guard. He said some nasty comments about my dad so I kneed him in the crotch. The guard showed up and I was whisked away."

"And Josh?" she asked. I felt a shot of pain run from my heart when she said his name. Although we called each other our best friend we both knew there was more there.

'"Hey, Mads," Josh said as he sat down across from me, he was grinning from ear to ear. I was sitting in the Mess Hall eating some salad-- or the Arks excuse for a salad.

"Why are you so happy?" I smirked, tossing one of the genetic carrot slices into my mouth.

"Lucy Palmer said yes," he smiled, flashing his prefect smile, "she's going to the mascaraed ball with me."

I frowned lighted but then plastered on a fake smile. "Of course she said yes, why wouldn't she?" I said before chomping down on a scrap of lettuce.

"So what about Callum? Did he ask you yet?" he asked, his smile fading when I frowned. "Well don't worry, I'm sure he will."

The truth is I don't want to go with Callum I want to go with you, I thought. "Well I've got to go, Raven said to meet her at this time," I excused myself.'

"Madison?" Octavia shook me from her thoughts.

"Josh was floated," I said staring back at the sky. "Anyways, I wouldn't get my hopes up about Finn, he has a girlfriend back on the Ark." Octavia opened her mouth looking like she was about to say something but didn't. "Well, good night," I added.

"Night," Octavia yawned. She got up slightly from where she was sitting and crawled back over to Jasper.