I - How It Happened.

Six Months Earlier:

"Hurry up, Madison!" Josh called after popping his head back in the door.

"I'm going as fast as I can," I called over in frustration, "stop being a winny bitch, Josh." I scrolled down the list on the computer, trying to locate my Dad's record. I heard a sigh escape Josh's lips. "Oh, oh!" I yelled excitedly.

"What, did you find it?" Josh asked impatiently. He checked out the door again.

"Yes, Devon Jackson, float date: 3 March," I announced in triumph.

"Well just delete it so we can leave," Josh said in a clearly nervous voice. He was turning 18 next week and was worried about getting caught. He would be floated indefinitely. I on the other hand was only just turned 17.

I erased the float date and began to make my way over to Josh. He quickly popped his head out to check if it was clear.

"Chancellor Jaha and Doctor Griffin are coming!" Josh said in a panic. "No doubt they are coming in here!"

"Quick hide!" I yelled as I made my way over to the closet on the other side of the room, followed by Josh.

It was the type of closet you could see out of through the gaps of metal. Just as the closet door closed the main door to Jaha's office opened.

"Please don't do this, they are just children," Doctor Griffin pleaded.

"You know as well as I do that we have to, Abby," the Chancellor said in a soft tone. This was clearly something we weren't supposed to here.

"But that dropship is in such bad shape!" Doctor Griffin tried again.

"We have six months, Abby" the Chancellor retried.

"But Clarke's going to be on it," Doctor Griffin wasn't going to stop.

"Don't you think I know that!" the Chancellor shouted, clearly restless, "Please leave, Abby," his tone grew softer.

Doctor Griffin left in a huff. The Chancellor left as well. Josh and I stepped out of the closet trying to catch our breath. What had we just heard? We stared at each other bewildered.

"Let's go, now," Josh said terrified. I've never seen him so scared. Even standing here, in Jaha's office is an offence punishable by death.

We were just about to take our first step when the door opened quickly. It was council member, and second in command, Marcus Kane.

"What are you kids doing in here?" he questioned, a stern look painting his face. "Where's The Chancellor?"

My mind was in a blank haze. A simple 'uh' sound escaped my lips. Josh mimicked this sound.

"I know you two, Devon Jackson's kid Madison and your Emily Thomas' kid Josh," Kane announced. "Miss Jackson I'm very sorry about your father being flo-," he stopped mid sentence as if considering something in his head.

He slowly walked over to Jaha's desk, watching me the entire time. He scrolled down the computer looking for something, my fathers file no doubt.

Kane reached down as far as his belt, pulling up a walker talkie and holding it to his lips, "Can I have I have four guards to the Chancellors office, immediately."

"Seems your father won't be going alone," Kane commented. This made my blood boil.

Before I even had any idea of what I was doing, I launch myself at Kane. I grappled his shoulders pushing them down. I raise my left leg into folding position, drawing it back and then driving into Kane's crotch. If I wasn't getting floated before I certainly are now.

Four guards arrive at the scene ten second too late. Kane's holding his crotch, pleading for mercy, while two muscular guards are pulling me away swiftly.

I was escorted down the halls by a guard I recognise as Shumway and the other was unknown to me. They brought me down halls I didn't know existed until now. We were told they were air docks - completely off limits because the air was supposedly toxic.

I was dumped into a small confined room, which contained a table with two chairs either side. I sat on one of the chairs. Is this my cell? I wondered.

A few moments later the door flew open revealing the Chancellor, Jaha. He looked my up and down, then took the opposite seat.

"You sneak into my office, delete important files and then attacked one of the council members," he says in shock.

"Is that a question or a statement?" I ask, a look of brief anger washes over his face. Jaha is hated my many of the citizens on the Ark. Not surprisingly since he's floated almost one member of every family on this space station. This is more common in my station - the working class - than in the privileged.

"We can do this the easy or the hard way, Madison."

"Don't call me by my first name, Thelonious."

The Chancellor stared at me with a flat look, but quickly put this interrogation back on course, "why'd you do it, Miss Jackson?"

"Why float my Dad?"

"We both know why."

"He's not his, ok!"

"Please don't fall into those lies, Madison, you know as well I do that he is. We've done a test."

"No, Jaha, he isn't."

"Ok, then why'd you attack councillor Kane, answer me that," he retorted.

I didn't know how to answer that one either. Before I could even answer a tall, dark haired guard requested to see the Chancellor, something to do with his son, Wells.

"Integration complete, take to an empty cell in the Skybox," he said with a shake of his hand as he rushed out the door to his son.

Shumway cuffed my hands and led me to the Skybox. He pushed me into a cell and locked it. There was a cot, a table type thing and that's it.

I went on to my cot and rolled up in the blankets, thinking back onto the events that occurred in the past hour. What did Doctor Griffin mean when she said, "they are just children." Why was the Chancellor discussing a dropship? Earths not supposed to be survivable until another hundred years.

I fell asleep to the insanity of my thoughts.

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦

Yo, welcome to 'Escape From Space'!

Ok so obviously this is just a introduction into the plot. I just thought it would be interesting to have something different.

So each chapter will have around a thousand words if I can manage it... but idk.

* C O M I N G S O O N *