XI - Wristbands For Food?

XI - WRISTBANDS FOR FOOD?

I was about to enter the dropship when I felt a tap on my shoulder. "Madison?" I spun around greeted by Zoey the girl from before.

"Oh, hey, what's up?" I smiled. She returned the smile briefly before looked to her feet.

"Do you mind if I do whatever the boys are, I don't really want to do busy work and gossip with the girls," she groaned. I chuckled at the blonde.

"Yeah, sure. You can be on my team," I replied, pulling back the curtain and entering the dropship. I looked at Monty who was sat in the corner. "Did you set up teams yet?"

"No, I thought you already did?" he said making his way to me, raising his eyebrows. I breathed inwardly, and sigh.

I clapped my hands before yelling, "ok, people. Everyone in teams of four your going to go out and look for any solar panels that fell from the dropship. I need one team here to help lift them onto the roof. No one stays out after dark."

All the teams went out expect one. Myself, Monty a Zoey headed to the roof, while four boys stood at the bottom of the ladder waiting to lift some panels.

-

A few hours later the sky had darkened and we had retrieved nine out of twelve solar panels. Only three were in safe to rewire but they would help considerably.

I sat by a fire next to Zoey and Charlotte. Across from us sat Octavia and Atom. I was braiding Charlottes hair into and up do to keep it out of her eyes.

"They're back, they're back," a deep voice shouted though the camp. Shout sounded out welcoming back our fellow camp members.

I finished Charlottes hair before I jumped up running to Finn who was carrying an unconscious Jasper.

"Is he-" Monty spook slowly not knowing what words to use.

"-he's alive. I need boiled water and strips of cloth for bandage," Clarke answered unsympathetic.

In the corner of my eye I saw Bellamy and his lapdog Murphy enter the camp carrying something in a piece of the parachute. The dropped it letting fall open, reviling a leather skinned animal. I wrinkled my nose in disgust.

"Who's hungry?" Bellamy roared. I reached for my stomach realising I was hungry.

People began to line up, me included. It wasn't until I was second in line I realised it was wristband for food. I grabbed mine not wanting to give it up for Raven.

"Please," I begged as Murphy tried to grab my wrist. He ignored my plea and tried to loosen my grip. "Please, don't...," I retried.

"Let her go, Murphy," I heard in shock, it was Bellamy. I was holding a piece of the Panther meat.

"But Bellamy, you said-" Murphy began in protest.

"Now I'm saying let her go," Bellamy interrupted, he turned his gaze on me extending the meat in my direction, "here, take it. Next."

I grabbed the food and went to the ramp outside the dropship standing next to Finn. I looked out at the camp seeing Octavia and Atom leaving camp.

"Hey," I said awkwardly to my brother, before biting into my diner.

Finn draped his arm over my shoulders bringing me in for a tight hug. "Hey, sis," he replied warmly. I began to regret the fight we had.

"I'm sorry about before-- fighting with you. I know you and Clarke are just friends, you would never hurt Raven."

"It's okay, Mads," he began, pausing for a moment, "I told Clarke about Raven. We are just friends. She the only one I trust down here-- and of course you," he told me as Clarke came wandering out of the dropship.

I decided we should drop the subject, if Clarke has a crush on Finn she's probably hurt right now.

"He's stable for now but with out medicine-," Clarke began before looking at the fire and the pile of wristbands that surrounded it, "they're taking off their wristbands for food? No way-- I won't do it?"

Finn looked towards me as I bite into my meat once more. "You don't have to," I stated walking towards the fire and grab a meat stick.

Murphy caught sight of what he was don't and protested, "woah, woah, woah. You think you play by different rules?"

"I thought there were no rules," Finn replied sassily. With that he nodded at Clarke signalling for her to follow.

I sat down as I bite into my food again. One camp member tried to copy Finn and went to get a piece of meat from the fire only to be caught by Bellamy. He grabbed the kids wrist and struck him fiercely. The Blake's eyes locked with mine. Oh, shit.

"Murphy you and Miller can handle the rest of this," Bellamy instructed before heading into the woods, "I'm going to find Atom."

I thought back to when I saw Atom leaving camp with Octavia. My instincts kicked in as I through the empty meat stick into the flames.

I dashed into woods trying to locate Octavia and warn her. Twigs snapped user my feet. Snap, snap, snap. I slowed down being more careful and because my ankle was beginning to ache.

"Atom," I heard from a meter away. I looked up seeing Bellamy looking over at something. Please don't be Octavia, please, please, please. I peer my head around a tree. "Your on first watch," Bellamy continues.

My heart sinks. Sitting among the bushes is non other than Octavia Blake in shock. I slap my forehead.

Octavia steps away as Atom leaves after Bellamy. I step out cautiously.

I startle the younger Blake, but she calms when she sees its just me. "Octavia," I breath out, "I was coming to warn you, but Bellamy got here first."

"I'm so much trouble, Madsion," she replied almost beginning to cry as she ran over to me. I enveloped the brunette in a hug as she sobbed.

"Hey, hey," I soothed, " I'm sure Atom's in a lot more trouble than you," I chuckled attempting to lighten the mood. Octavia failed to see the funny side and sobbed even more. "Do you like him, Octavia?"

"Y-yes," she choked out, "we kissed-- in the butterfly field." I smiled slightly. Although I had no idea where the 'butterfly field' was it did sound romantic. I'm also sure that was Octavia's first kiss.

"Well, maybe if you explain to Bellamy maybe-" I tried before being cut of by Bellamy.

"O, come back to camp. It's not safe out here," Bellamy explained to his sister. He looked at me, "you too...?"

"Madison," I told him. A ghost of a smirk tainted his lips as he stared at me for a moment.

"Come on then, girls, I've got Atom on first watch," he said shifting his gaze from me to Octavia.

[ Authors note: I just had to attach that picture on Christopher Larkin --Monty --because he is so sassy and I love it 😍.]