VIII - Sibling Feuds.

CHAPTER VIII - SIBLING FEUDS.

"Hey, Monty!" I smiled as I entered the dropship. I look around the bottom floor trying to locate the blonde. "Um, where's Clarke?"

"Second floor," he told me, pointing up the ladder. I made my way over taking a step on to the ladder. Monty placed his hand on my arm, "she's taking to Wells," he whispered with a small frown. I made an 'o' shape with my lips.

"Maybe I'll just wait here. I don't want to get in the middle of an outbreak," I chuckled lightly. Monty let out a small chuckle before returning to examining the lamp on the wall. "Whatcha doin'?" I asked tilting my head.

"I'm trying to find a way to get into the dropship electric mainframe," he explained, it swung his head back in my direction, "it's okay if you don't understand, it engineering."

I gasped, "I'll have you know my father was an engineer and I went to work with him from the age of thirteen until he floated. Every Monday Wednesday and Friday."

"Oh sorry, did you actually do anything yourself, Madison?" he asked crossing his arms. A ghost of a smirk tugged at the corner of his lips.

I wavered my hand and placed on my chest dramatically. "Yes, I did," I smiled, "do you know who made that awesome radio controlled car? Me!"

"You mean the one that was confiscated because it kept interfering with the Arks radio?" he retorted still smirking.

I opened my mouth to reply when I cut off by Clarke and Wells retreating down the ladder. "It's not your ankle Wells-- it's you."

"You came back for reinforcements, I'm going to help," he defended himself.

"Clarke, he's right. We need him," Monty interjected facing the pair.

"So far no one else has volunteered," I backed up Monty's statement.

"I'm sorry Monty but your not going either," Clarke directed him.

"Like hell I'm not, Jasper's my best friend."

"You were raised on farm station and recruited by engineering,"

"So?" he asked, waiting for Clarke to fill in the blanks.

"So, food and communication," Clarke taped his head, "what's up here is going to save us all. You figure out how to talk to the Ark and I'll bring Jasper back."

With that Clarke turned ready to leave the dropship, closely followed by myself and Wells when Finn entered.

"Hey, you ready?" Clarke asked almost bumbing into Finn.

"I'm not going and either should any of you," Finn replied, "the spear was thrown with pin point actuary from three hundred feet."

"So what, we let Jasper die out there?" Monty interrogated.

"That's not going to happen," Clarke somewhat comforted Monty.

"Come on, Finn. Grow a pair!" I interjected. Finn looked at me, only now realising I was here.

"Your definitely not going anywhere," he locked eyes with me, "I can't lose you." Finn was never serious with me. Growing up we never really fought and I don't want to start now, but I can't just let Jasper die.

"Your not in lose me," I said softly. He looked at me with a sense of desperation. "Fine, fine," I surrendered raising my hands up.

Clarke stepped closer to Finn. "Spacewalker, what a joke. You call yourself an adventurer your really just a coward." Ouch!

"It's not an adventure Clarke it's a suicide mission," Finn stated firmly. I had to admit that he had a point. The last thing I wanted was to lose Finn, vice versa.

Clarke simply shook her head in responses and shook her head accepting that her only choice was to bring Wells. He, however, accepted without hesitation.

Before leaving the dropship Wells spoke to Finn and I, sternly. "Build a wall, use the fallin' trees," he turned to Finn, "I'll watch out for her."

"Sure, Chancellor," I smirked at his fake tough exterior. Wells glared at me then left the dropship.

"Jasper looked up to you," Monty said, his face hard before he took off up the ladder. Finn looked down at the ground. He didn't take controversy and arguing well. He was the families peacemaker.

"It's okay, big brother, you can't win them all," I laced my arms around his shoulders enveloping him in a hug. Finn warped his arm around my waist tighting the hug. I'm sure this hug meant a lot more then just Clarke and Monty's comments. I pulled away and sighed. "I'm glad your not going, I really couldn't lose you either. It's part of the reason why I got arrested."

"What do you mean, Mads?" he furrowed his brows. I sighed siting down into one of the dropships seats.

"I don't have a Mom, Dad was about to get floated, Josh got floated, your sentence was almost up." I coughed lightly, looking into my hands, "I mean you did waste three months of oxygen, I doubt they were going to let you off with a slap on the wrists."

"It doesn't mean you had to get yourself locked up." he looked at me appalled. "I thought you were smarter than that. You were best at school, art and, hell even, engineering! You had so much to live for."

"Yeah, a life without family!" I defended my actions.

"It's better than no life," he retorted, "what if I wasn't floated, and did you even stop to think of Raven?"

"Wait, what? Me think of Raven? I have been thinking of her. She's all I think of every time I see you making heart eyes at Clarke or should I say 'princess'!"

He stood up taking off for the door. "I'm not listening to this," he yelled raising his arm in to the air. I stood up myself and walked over to the dropships door. I watched as Finn stalked off in the direction we'd all came in when we returned to camp. 'Yeah that's it run off to your 'princess',' I cursed under my breath.

I jumped down the edge of the ramp headed over to Octavia, noticing she hadn't left with the search party. "Hey, Madison, what's up?" the brunette greeted me with a small smile.

"Me and Finn just had an argument," I grumbled in reply, "he's gone to go help find Jasper."

"So is Bell, he left me with one of his bitches as babysitter," she said distastefully, pointing to a tall, good looking boy with jet black hair who was watching Octavia like a hawk. I widened my eyes as I caught the intensity of his stare. I suddenly had an idea.

"He's not to bad, and you know it would show your brother he can control everything you do," I said pulling a thread that had become loose on my jumpsuit.

"What do you mean?" she asked utter confusion laced in her words. I smiled at my brilliant plan.

"You and-"

"-Atom," she scoffed meeting the boys eyes.

"You and Atom," I continued, "you could... you know," I wiggled by eyebrows hoping Octavia would fill in the blanks herself.

"What?" she gasped realising what I was hinting at, "Bellamy would kill him. Plus I doubt he is even interested."

"Octavia, look at your self. Every guy in this camp is drooling over you," I chuckled lightly. He smiled slightly leaning back further in the chair she was sitting in. Someone must of moved a few from the dropship as there was a few scattered around the camp.

"Thanks, Madison, for cheering me up," she smiled up to me, "and whatever you and Finn fought about I'm sure you'll work it out."

"I hope so," I muttered vaguely.