III - Hello, Earth!

CHAPTER III - HELLO, EARTH!

Brightness suddenly filled my eyes, light so natural and real. I close my eyes to let them adjust. None of us have ever been in such a bright environment. The Ark always had a dim light compared to this. We really couldn't afford to use to much electricity as our only source was solar.

I open my eyes to see the amazing and lush colour of green fill in the scenery around me.

Octavia takes one step forward slowly, followed by another. She inhales deeply, then exhales. I follow her example, letting the fresh new air fill my lungs. This new air is filled with a whole new set of smells. She's slowly and cautiously walked down the new ramp which leads to the ground. Then jumps off with a loud thud.

She yells, "we're back bitches!" throwing her arms into the air. Quickly a grin crosses my face.

Laughter rings out amongst the crowd, by Madison calculations there seemed to be a hundred criminals sent down.

"Welcome to Earth," I say with a chuckle leaning into Finn. He smiles then slipped away from my side. Kids poured out of the drop like water spilling from a glass.

I take a more cautious approach to this land. I look around the dropship realising I'm the only one in side it now. Deciding it's safe I retreat from the dropship and down the makeshift ramp.

I place my right foot on the soil, testing it strength. This ground feels unusual and alien to my feet. It's soft, almost cushion like. My left leg copy's its pair by stepping onto the soil.

I plonk my butt down onto the dropship door grabbling a handful of soil in my hand. I open my fist letting the soil grains escape through my fingers, giggling.

I lift my head to look at my surroundings. Threw the crowd I notice Finn walking into the forest. Only he would be so stupid as to walk off.

I rise back up to my feet and inanity regret it. I begin to fall back, I close my eyes preparing for impact, but someone catches me in their grasp. I open one eye and end up staring into the eyes of Jasper, the boy from earlier.

"Whoa there, Bambi," he chuckles and accidentally snorts. His hand reacts to this by covering his nose and month. His friend, Monty I believe, laughs, earning him a punch in the arm by Jasper.

"Sorry, I'm clumsy. Well no I'm not Clumsy - like that's not my name, that would be weird. Isn't that one of those elves -no not elves... dwarves!" I rant, getting back up to my feet. I cough awkwardly, "I'm Madison."

"I'm Jasper," he chuckles at my rambling. He stares at me, just smiling, until someone clears their throat. "Oh, and this is Monty," Jasper said gesturing to his friend.

I notice Finn and Clarke renter the landing area once again. My brother waves me to follow him. He climbs up the side of the dropship on a ladder that has been put in place.

"Nice to meet you," I say politely, "I'm sorry but I've to go and talk to my- Finn! I've to go talk to Finn."

I definitely don't want word spreading that Octavia and Bellamy are not the only siblings to be born on the Ark. Especially not in amongst a group of criminals.

I climb up the ladder and plonk my butt down on the metal surface beside Finn. "What's up? Oh yeah, your girlfriend," I say harshly. He throws me daggers but ignores my statement.

"Clarke said we were dropped in the wrong place," he informs me, "We have to trek our way to Mount Weather."

"Oh, ok. So where exactly is Mount Weather?" I ask him. He tightens his hands around his hat, then passes it to me. He points out into the forest.

"Over in that direction."

"When do we leave."

"Well Clarke's going over a map she found in the dropship, trying to determine where we are, and how long it will take to get there."

We realise the group has all gathered together as a fight breaks out between Wells Jaha and Octavia.

"What you think your in charge here? You and you're little princess," Octavia smirks. I hear Finn laugh under his breath when she says 'princess'.

"What?" I smile over to him.

"It's just," he stops for a moment chuckling, "I called her princess."

"Oh goodie, I'm sure Raven would love that!" I say sarcastically at him. He hits me in my arm causing me to almost lose balance.

We turn our attention back to the scene. Just in time to notice Wells being pushed to the ground by some kid.

"Murphy," Finn scoffs. I think he was referring to the kid who pushed Wells. Finn stands up and slides down the side of the dropship, landing on a pipe then jumping again.

"Kids got one leg, how 'bout you wait until it's a fair fight," Finn smirks landing in front of who I now know as Murphy. The kid just stares at him, blank.

"Hey Spacewalker! Rescue me next," Octavia Blake swaggers over. Earning her a few odd laughs from the crowd.

I retreat from the place I was perched on. I walk around the base of the dropship noticing Clarke helping Wells with his foot, he must of hurt it when he fell.

"Need any help?" I offered. The blonde looked up, her face carried a look of concern.

"Eh, yeah, just hand me that stick," she dictated. I grabbed the stick and handed it to her. She used some duct tape she found in the dropship and tapped the stick to Wells' ankle and his thigh, to keep his leg straight.

"Madison, isn't it?" Clarke asked. I nodded. "I'm Clarke."

"Nice to meet you," I smiled. She returned the smile, but I could tell it was forced.

"So, Mount Weather... when do we leave?" Finn asked as he walked over.

"We'll be back tomorrow with food," Clarke told Wells. I rose to my feet standing beside the pair.

"How are the three of you going to carry enough food for a hundred?" Wells retorted.

Finn turned around grabbing Jasper and Monty by the shoulder and dragging them into our circle. I smiled awkwardly at Jasper and returned it. I definitely think he's cute, in a nerdy, little brother way.

"Five of us, can we go now?" Finn asked impatiently.

"Sounds like a party, make it six," Octavia invited herself. The more the merrier, or some old saying like that.

"Hey, what the hell are you doing?" Bellamy ran over trapping Octavia's arm. He stared directly at her, blocking out the rest of us.

"Going for a walk?" Octavia said doubtingly or voice making it just above a whisper. Bellamy glared at her in disbelief. I barely knew his Bellamy guy, but I could tell he was controlling.

There argument was interrupted by Clarke as she gripped Finn's arm, "Hey! Were you trying to take this off?" She was examining his wristband. There was a large crack in it. I looked down at mine subconsciously.

"Yeah. So?" he replied nonchalantly, his hair falling into his eyes.

"So? This wristband transmits you vital signs to the Ark. Take it off and they will think your dead," Clarke ranted on once more.

"Should I care?"

"Well, I don't know. Do you want the people you love to think your dead," Finn's eyes met mine, "'cause they would if they think we're dying." Awkward glances were shared around our small gathered group.

"Ok now let's go," Clarke announced.

I walked awkwardly beside Finn. "Come on, Finn, think of Raven." I looked his way, noticing him roll his eyes. "Fine, whatever."