VII - Screams & Speeches.

CHAPTER VII - SPEECHES.

After a few minutes of waiting Monty pipes up, "we should run back to camp and warn them."

"On the count of three?" I suggest. Everyone nods confidently, although their expressions tell otherwise. "Ok, one, two, three!" Finn releases me and we all jump up running into the dense woods.

I run beside Octavia. We round one tree, then another, and another. I'm not sure if we're even going the correct way, I'm just following Monty. Suddenly Monty trips up over a fallen branch. Octavia and I both grab an arm each.

"Get him up!" Finn exclaims as him and Clarke catch up with us.

"Come on, we got to go," Octavia pants. We him pull up. Once he is on his feet he starts backing up slowly, confused I follow his gaze, noticing the pile of bones on the mosey ground.

"Who are they?" Finn questions grabbing my wrist pulling me towards him protectively. A singe of pain soars through me from my wristband.

"Stop it, big brother," I complain wiggling my wrist from his hand. I get some confused looks from Monty and Clarke but they ignore it. We've got bigger fish to fry-- the grounders --rather than the fact there are more sibling than the Blake's.

Clarke crouches down in front of a skull. "What are they?" She asks, tweaking Finn's original question.

"We are so screwed," Octavia comments breathlessly leaning against Monty.

Before anyone else can comment on our predicament we hear a scream emerge from the foliage. "Jasper," Clarke's says putting two and two together. She drops the skull and we all takes off running towards the voice, Clarke ahead of us all.

"Clarke.. Clarke wait.. stay in the trees," Finn warns.

I look out at the previous spot of were Jasper had been shot. I say previous because he was no longer there. "He was right there," I say exasperated.

"Well, where is he?" Monty asks confused. his best friend is gone. Practically his brother I don't know what I'd do if Finn was gone.

"They took him," Clarke hisses, anger present in her voice as she says 'they'.

* * * * *

Finn squeezed my hand tightly as we were in viewing distance on the dropship. However, while walking down a hill we noticed yet another fight including Wells and Murphy.

"This guy certainly know how to make friends" I chuckled to Finn pointing to Wells.

I returned the chuckle briefly, adding "it doesn't help that he's the Chancellors son," before going back to his new serious persona. I gathered was only for Clarke.

The fight became serious when Wells had Murphy restrained with a knife to his neck. "Wells, let him go," Clarke ordered.

Once Clarke was beside him Wells dropped Murphy only for him to bounce back. He came running franticly at the Chancellors son only to be held back by Octavia's big brother, Bellamy.

"Enough, Murphy," Bellamy said holding back his shoulders. His eyes darted to his sister as she limped down the hill supported by Monty. We've been running for hours only taking minor breaks for Octavia because her bite wound was becoming the best of her. "Octavia!," the older Blake sibling shouted running to his sisters side, "are you alright?"

"Yeah," she winced, her voice barely above a whisper. Once he was happy with her stance he continued to talk to Clarke, Finn and I.

"Where's the food?" He asked as he realised our mission. I myself had completely forgotten about that.

"We didn't make it to Mount Weather," Finn explained as we sat on a tree stump.

"What the hell happened out there?" he asked in a state of shock.

"We were attacked," Clarke defended our search party. Gasps emerged from each member of the hundred.

"Attacked? By what?" Wells queried stepping back slightly.

"No what," I answered, "who." The entire group of delinquents stared at me, waiting for answers.

"Turns out when the last man from the ground died on the Ark he wasn't the last Grounder," Finn continued to explain the situation.

"It's true, everything we thought we knew about the ground is wrong." Great, yet another speech from Clarke. "There are people here-- survivors. The good news that means we can survive. Radiation won't kill us."

"The bad news is the Grounders will," Finn added to Clarke's explanation. Even more worried gasps filled the air.

"Where's the kid with the goggles?" Wells asked his eyes searching the area.

"He has a name," I hissed at the boy. Realising I was being too harsh and lowered my voice. "Jasper was hit."

"They took him," Clarke imputed looking down at the ground. her eyes fell on Wells' wrist and
She grabbed it aggressively. "Where's your wristband?"

Wells took Clarke's hand off of his arm and nodded to Bellamy, "ask him," he replied nonchalantly.

"How many?" Clarke asked simply, her voice hard.

"Twenty-four and counting," Murphy spoke up. Everyone turned their attention to the boy who just stared at Clarke with a smirk. The blondes face was a picture.

She stared at Murphy in disbelief and anger, although I could see the sadness in her eyes. "You idiots." She shook her head. "Life support on the Ark is failing. That's why they brought us down here. They need to know if the ground is survivable and we need there help against whoever is out there. If you take off your wristbands your not just killing them your killing us."

Bellamy began his speech, great this gotta be good-- note the sarcasm. "We're stronger than you think. don't listen to her. She's one of the privileged. If they come down she'll have it good. How many of you can say the same?" Some of the crowd began to laugh. "That wristband on your arm, it makes you a prisoner." My eyes trailed down to my wrist. This did not go unnoticed by Finn who place his hand gently on it. He shook his head slightly. "We not prisoners any more. They say they'll forgive your crimes. I say your not criminals. Your fighters, survivors. The Grounders should worry about us!" The camp was in a complete up roar over Bellamy words.

My eyes fell on Clarke. She looked at Bellamy in complete distaste before walking to the dropship. I decided to go follow her and find out when we leave for Jasper.

"Where are you going?" Finn asked pulling at my top, stopping me.

"I'm just going to talk to Clarke, relax," I explain with a chuckle before walking in the direction of the dropship.