VI - We Are Not Alone.

CHAPTER VI - WE ARE NOT ALONE.

"Wake up, everyone it's morning," Clarke's voice woke us. I open my eyes rubbing them.

"Hey, sis" Finn greets me, crouching down beside me, handing we a leaf filled with water. I drank from it grateful.

"Thanks, I needed that," I smiled and hugged him.

"Come here, I wanna show you something," he whispered standing up. I started waking further into the forest. I trailed slowly behind him. I stared at the ground, then crouched.

"Remember when we were, like, eight and my Mom got us them old geography books. I nodded. "Look, footprints."

I looked down at the ground, gasping. "Whatever it is its walking on two feet," I acknowledged.

"My guess-- Monkeys." I stared into his eyes. A look of terror on both of our faces.

"Finn, Madison, lets go," Clarke shouted over to us. We both stood up.

I walked out of the tree line beside Finn. Monty and Jasper had just finished braiding some vines together to allow us to cross over.

"Who was to climb up the tree and tie the vine to it?" Monty asked with a smile. I noticed Octavia tense up. We are swinging over the river where she's was attacked less than a day ago.

"I'll do it," Finn volunteered, "Jasper help me out." The pair retreated up to the high rocks.

Finn began to climb the tree branch by branch. "There is good," Monty shouted up to Finn, "now you've got to shimmy down to the end of the branch and tie it on, so we can swing over."

"What ever you say, mate," Finn mockingly saluted Monty as he readied himself to move down the thick branch. Once he reached the end he removed the vine he had enveloped around is arm, tying it securely.

"Are you sure you can tie it tight enough?" Octavia gulped, her right hand gripping her left elbow.

"Finn was the kid in Earth Skills. Our Dad studied with us every night," I help ease Octavia's nerves.

"Wait- our Dad," Jasper interrupted, "Octavia and Bellamy are not the only siblings?"

I scratched the back of my neck, cursing myself for being so stupid as to reveal our secret. "Yeah, but we don't have time to discuss that now. We're burning daylight people," Finn rescued me as he landed on the rock with a thud.

"Finn's right," Clarke said grabbing the swinging vine, "so who first?"

"Me!" Finn answered eagerly, "I mean, I'll go first, if that's cool, princess." He took the vine from Clarke's grip and pulled up to where Jasper stood.

Finn and Jasper stood talking about something, not much to Clarke's amusement. "You wanted to go first, now quit stalling."

I glanced at Octavia who was worryingly looking into the river. "Hey, it's okay, I got you," I smiled reassuringly at the brunette.

"Thanks," she returned the smile. We turned our attention back to the boys.

"Mount Weather awaits," Clarke said, again. Boy, I was getting sick of her repeating that. I was also getting hungry. The two continued to talk about something I couldn't pick up on, but Clarke did, "He knows," she told Jasper, "today Finn."

"Aye, aye, captain," Finn mused, mocking a salute to the blonde. "See you on the other side," he smirked to Jasper. He pulled to vine back readying himself for launch.

"Wait!" Jasper paused the scene.

"What?" Finn asked inpatiently.

He pointed down to who I presume was Octavia, who smiled up at him. "Let me, I can do it."

Finn passed him the vine. "I knew there was a badass in there somewhere," my brother commented, hitting Jaspers arm. Jasper stared out at his destination. The fear was completed obvious in his eyes. " It's okay to be afraid, Jasper. The thick is not fighting it." I sighed as Finn repeated the words our Dad told each of us before we had a big test or had a nightmare.

"See you on the other side," the boy with the googles smiled a wide smile. A chuckle escaped from each of us.

Jasper sucked in a deep breath before taking off across the river. He let out a loud 'whoo' as he swung across. Before he landed smack on the rocky bank on the opposite side of the river.

I ran up to the slightly higher point, followed by the others. I caught our makeshift rope and handed it to Finn.

Jasper scrambled to his feet. Once he had his body balanced he through his arms in the air, shouting, "we are apogee!" I'm confused by what he means but laugh regardless.

Everyone yells a series off "yes"'s in tribute to Jasper as they throw their arms in the air. Jasper jumps around in triumph.

"You're up, princess," Finn turns to Clarke. Even with all the excitement I feel my stomach twist as Finn adds 'princess' to the end of his sentence. My thoughts turn to Raven. My best friend, Finn's girlfriend.

However, my thoughts are cut short my Jasper, "We did it, Mount Weather!" I shift my gaze from the ground and over to the boy in the goggles. My mind as barely enough to time to register as I see Jasper holding up a sign, when a pointed stick pins him to the ground.

"J-jasper," I breath as Finn grabs my shoulders forcing my body to the ground. He drags me down to cover. His arms wrap around my waist reassuringly.

"Was that..." I panic.

"...A grounder," Finn completes my sentenced. I can here to fear in his voice as he tightens his grasp around me.

"We are not alone," Clarke comments. The phrase 'duh' crosses my mind but I decide not to voice it.