IX - How Not To Make A Friend.

CHAPTER XI - HOW NOT TO MAKE A FRIEND.

"Yes, I win," I smiled in triumph as I dragged my stick though the dirt. Octavia, Simon, Lucas-- two boys from the Hundred-- and I were playing a game that Finn and I played as kids. It's turns out Octavia and Bellamy did as well. It's called 'Xs and Os'.

The idea is you draw nine boxes and one person is X and another is O. Whoever can get three in and row wins.

"Rematch! Come on, Simon me and you!" Octavia chucked excitingly poking the tall, dark haired boy.

"Okay, okay," he laughed, pushing away the stick, "I'll draw."

"Hey, I saw that, you cheated," Octavia smirked throwing her stick at him.

"Guys, the walls not going to build it self," a boy, who Octavia told me was named Atom half-directed. The two boys left, leaving just Octavia, Atom and I.

"Walls are not going to stop what's out there, we need weapons," Octavia told the dark haired boy.

"Look your brothers not kidding..." I took that as my queue to leave, remembering that Octavia also said that Atom was her babysitter.

My thoughts turned to my own brother, I tried to shake the thoughts. The last thing I what to think about to Finn 'cause then I will start to think of the fact that he's out there hours after Jasper was hit-- and quiet possibly killed. Then I'll start to think about how Finn could be just killed. Then the last conversation we had ended and fight. And, and, oh great now I'm thinking all that. I closed my eyes tightly attempting to hold back any tears that threatened to spill.

I decided to give myself a project to distract myself from the terrible thoughts. Weapons. Atom did say to make weapons and since girls are not allowed to work on the wall that's what I'll do. I make a beeline in the direction of the dropship see what the Ark has actually given us, bearing in mind I fully doubt they armed a bunch of delinquents with any form of weapons.

After a full search of the entire dropship I drop the material I used to hold all the items I begin to examine what I found. Four rolls of different coloured duct tape, some wrenches, two screwdrivers, a few flasks and a tweezers. I sigh exasperated.

"Did you find anything useful?" Monty asked a stepping down the ladder.

"Um," I bite my lip looking back at the small collection of items, "here I say," handing him wrenches, tweezers and screwdrivers.

"Oh, thanks," he smiles grateful. "Listen, Madison about before, I'm sorry. It's just-"

"-Monty it's okay. I know you're upset about Jasper, why wouldn't you be. Lets just forgive and forget," I gave a weak smile up at the boy.

"Sure," he replied with a short sigh. "Do you want to help with the radio?"

I took another look at my even smaller collection of items and sighed. Building weapons was going to be hard. I quickly remember that Wells and Murphy had gotten into a knife fight, I wanted to check what they used to make a knife. I'm absolutely certain the Ark didn't put some in the dropship.

"Um, okay I'll be up in two minutes," I promised before jumping down the ladder to the ground floor. As I was leaving the dropship, Octavia and some boy entered holding hands. I gave Octavia a quick smile then headed in the location of the previous fight.

I stumbled down the hill into the area, but I caught my foot on a rock and with that my whole body tumbled down the ten foot drop landing on my foot, earning a not-so-great crunch sound. "Son of bitch," I hissed, grabbing my throbbing ankle.

"Holy shit, are you okay?" came an unknown voice. I looked up noticing a blonde girl towering over me looking shocked.

"No, not really to be quite honest," I grumbled though gritted teeth. The blonde keeled down beside me, straightening my leg out. I hissed in pain.

"You popped your ankle out of place," she told me almost apologetic. I lay down on the dry dirt, covering my face with my hands.

"Great," I muffled out sarcastically. Day two on Earth and I'd already managed to pop a bone out of place, way to go Madison.

"I'm Zoey Stevens, pleased to meet you," she introduced herself holding out her hand. I removed my hands from face and propped myself up using my elbows. I stared at the girl confused.

"Madison Jack-" I started slowly but was cut off by as searing pain ripped through my body as Zoey grabbed my foot and shoved my ankle into place, "-son," I finished followed by a long sigh. I twisted my foot in a clockwise direction. It still hurt but not nearly as much as before. "Thanks," I mumbled jumping to my feet.

"Sorry about that," Zoey responded with an airy chuckle. She stood up brushing the dirt of her knees. "So what can I do for you?"

"I'm looking for the knives that Wells and Murphy were fighting with," I explained. Her eyes widened. "I'm not going to use it on you," I continued, chuckling, "I'm going to make us weapons, I just want to know what they used."

"Oh, okay," Zoey laughed lightly in response, "see that girl over there," she pointed to a small blonde who had her back to a tree, " she grabbed John's after he through it on the ground."

"John?" I asked confused, not knowing who she was referring to, I scrunched my eyebrows together.

"Murphy," she filled in the blanks. "I'm almost certain Wells kept his."

"That guy needs all the protection he can get down here," I breathed, nearly audible.

"I hear you," Zoey murmured in response.

"Well, thank you, for all that bone popping," I chucked and began to walk to the girl who Zoey said has the knife.