Chapter 8

Zeke POV
It gets to about 1 in the morning and Tris isn't home still and i'm starting to panic, i thought it might have been the same as last night and she was just going to come home late but it's getting too late now and i know Tris wouldn't be this careless so me and Uri have decided to go look for her.
-
-
-
Me and Uri have looked everywhere for her and she is no where to be seen. Just as we are walking home we make the decision to go down one of the abandoned corridors because Tris is always really curious and doesn't like doing things the normal way and also it's one of the last places i can think to look. Just as i turn the corner i see a small girl with blonde hair on the floor unconscious with blood pooled around her head, it hits me almost instantly that this girl is Tris. I kneel down and feel her pulse and there is one but hardly anything, i pick her up and sling her over my shoulder and begin running to the infirmary.
-
-
-
Uriah POV
Me and Zeke sit in the infirmary waiting for news on Tris, i cant help but cry and i see Zeke is crying too.
-
-
-
It's been about 2 hours since we dropped Tris off at the infirmary and we are still waiting, Zeke is really stressing i had to stop him from punching one of the doctors. Finally Dr. Wallace comes out and says he has news on Tris, me and Zeke immediately shoot up the Dr says "I'm afraid Tris has suffered a massive blow to the head and lost a lot of blood, the impact of the blow caused her brain to swell luckily not enough to make her brain damaged as we relieved most of the pressure before it got too big but she has fallen in to a coma and may not wake up i'm sorry." Zeke asks "what are the chances of her... You know... Waking up?" This is the bit i am bracing myself for. He replies with "I'd say it's about a 50% chance. They are moving her to a more efficient room now you can go see her in about half an hour" Me and Zeke nod and go sit down instantly bursting in to tears.
-
-
-
Zeke POV
50% percent chance ... A 50% percent chance of me seeing my little sister with her ashy blue eyes open again or even see her smile, she may not ever grow up and have kids or get married. But I don't want to think about that right now Tris is a fighter and i know she is strong enough to fight through this. Typical Tris, i have always told her she was clumsy but i never thought it would ever maybe be the death of her. I can't afford to loose her. The day my mum and dad died was the day that i took on the role of being a father like figure toward Tris and Uriah and i swore i would not let anything happen to either one of them because they are the only family i have left and if they weren't here my life would have no purpose, i don't know what i would do if i lost Tris my little sister.