XVIII; Didn't make it through the night

Didn't make it through the night.

Hailey didn't make it through the night.

Hailey is gone.

Dan couldn't process the words in his head, they were so jumbled and utterly terrifying that he had to hear it about three times to even register it as a thought in his brain.

He dropped the clothes on the hospital floor, eyes wide, lips parted like he could have spoken. No words left his lips. He looked to Phil, back to the Doctor. He couldn't breath anymore, his heart was pounding. He sunk to the floor slowly, pulling his knees to his chest, eyes still wide. "She's gone?" His words were soft and cracked, every piece of him slowly falling apart. "She's gone?" He repeated bitterly, chewing on his lip like he could solve everything with his next thought. Then he lost it, tears streaming down his face. "Stop lying!" He screamed, every inch of his body shaking with fear. He was alone again. All alone. "Stop lying to me!" His voice cracked, eyes wide as his voice fell into a whisper.

"She can't be gone... We were supposed to watch movies..." His tears slipped down his face, sobs echoing in the room.

He looked insane to anyone in the room, but he had lost so much in so little time, and he wasn't ready to live on normally like that.

So he ran, as fast as he could, down the streets. Away from everything. He just wanted to be gone.