There was also a bruise on my neck from the impact. My eyes trailed further and I found a cut not more than 4 inches away. It was where my neck connected with the top of my shoulder blade. This one wasn't from my fall. That was from the accident. I ran my fingertips over it and a feeling rush through me.I remembered the glass from the ground, sinking into my shoulder and different parts of me. I was then brought out of my thoughts by 2 strange knocks before the doorknob clicking and opening. Jack appeared through the door  and I stood up.

"Hey, uh I just came by to check on you." He spoke leaning against the door frame.

"Thank you, I'm feeling better." I spoke, sitting down at the bed.

He shifted his feet and gave me an awkward smile which I couldn't read beyond.

"You can come in, have a seat." I said, touching the bed cover in front of me.

He looked at me for a split second before moving to sit in front of me. 

"You can ask me whatever you wanted now." I smiled reading through his expression.

"It's not that simple, doll. I can't bombard you with questions, I have so many. Some even starting with what actually happened the night of the..uh..mishap." He gave me an awkward smile.

"That, I don't remember much to.. It was all a blur.. I remember driving by Crime Alley, then making a turn at the last minute. I passed halfway through before the tires got punctured by some beer bottles. I remember speeding up as I was about to turn out of the alley then I..then.." I closed my eyes.

Jack moved a stiff hand to my knee, and I opened my eyes. H was studying my expression.

"You don't have to push yourself.." He said quietly and I realized a tear had strayed from one eye.

"After that I just remember lights..The sudden impact to the bike and flying off. The only thing that's clear was my contact with the asphalt..The thud that shut everything out." I spoke as my memory strained and I couldn't remember more of the accident.

I looked up at Jack and a look of sympathy crossed his eyes. We stayed silent for a few seconds before he spoke again.

" Nathan..Is he..Does he have anything to do with your remembering Angel?" He rasped.

" As I told you before, I overheard him talking and confronted him. Eventually I started yelling and he kept telling me not to..something about his neighbors and prestige.. I kept pushing him to tell me though until the son of a bitch pushed me..and I fell on the ceramic step." I gave a small laugh at the end.

I couldn't read Jack's expression for a few seconds before he turned from me.

"That bastard!" He grunted in one breath

"I'll skin him alive! Till his last tissue dries and last drop of blood oozes out and then I'll have that fucker made into a fancy rug!" With that he stood.

"Jack..calm down.." I said softly.

"He knows he's done for! He knows he has it coming for him Eva!" He argued.

"I know just stop and calm down for a second.."

"Y..you kn..know I-I can't..I can't calm down!" He scoffed slightly, sitting back down.

"Not after all he's done, Angel.. No! " He spoke softer than before, as if he was trying to convince me.

"You know, all of this made me realize a lot of things. Most importantly this, Angel. Did you know that the worst way you could miss someone is not when they're away?! It's when you're right beside me an-and I know I can't h-have you or reach out to you." He spoke his voice breaking in the middle and going a pitch higher.

"I was simply on the side lines watching you fall for that bastard that hurt you before, and lord knows he was about to again. There were days where I could..I could see you! And the way you looked at me! It killed me! Days you couldn't see around the monster..I thought I'd lost you Angel, but I kept trying." He stopped his speech and just stared at me.

"I know how hurtful what you went through was and I can never thank you enough for not giving up on me..All I'm saying is think this out and if you still feel like having him as your new carpet tomorrow..be my guest." I spoke giving him a soft smile.

"Alright! But I'm not promising you anything." He smiled and kissed my forehead before standing up.

He then stopped at the door and turned around popping his head back in the room.

"Hey Angel..You do know I'm gonna kill him right.." He smiled at me.

"I would be shocked to death if you didn't." I smiled back, stifling down a giggle.

He then grinned at me and closed the door.

As soon as he was out I couldn't help but giggle.

"Good night, Angel!" I heard his muffled shout from outside, as my giggling increased. I whispered a good night back as I got under the covers.

I still couldn't comprehend why this was so funny to me. We're talking about killing my old love and I couldn't give a flying damn about it. Who knows? Maybe I'm the one turning insane now.

-------------------------------------------------------

I'M BAAAAAA-AAAAAACK!

HEY GUYS!

I missed you all and updating as well :P

So sorry it's been three days longer than promised :P

I hope you guys like this chapter! It's kind of a filler..

I'll probably re-edit this all later because I'm jet-lagged and brain dead as hell!

Anyways! What do you guys think will happen next? Other than the obvious..

Don't forget to vote and share your thoughts with me in the comments!

I hope you're all having a great day!

Much Love xxx