1: Five Months Later

Lucy

I looked around, my eyes darting from player to player. The opposing team knew that I was a threat that's why they have three defenders, not to mention all guys twice my size.

Not that it mattered, we're already winning by four points anyway. 4-0, minute 67. This corner would just make it five.

Gray took a breath, awaiting for the refs mark. When the whistle blew he raised his hand for the set piece we practiced over and over. The opposing team flipping out just from watching the left winger took a step back.

He gave the ball perfect air, dipping straight down in the empty space, just behind me. The three defenders were off me immediately, all aiming for the ball but our teammate was faster. The moment the red cleats slammed the ball in a normal volley, I ducked just in time.

The ref blew the whistle three times signalling the goal. The crowd groaned at another goal lost, a pretty easy one, too.

Our match today was against Quatro Cerebrus one of the only all-men team allowed in the Fiore team. It was an away game so all the booing definitely was annoying but hey, I already got a hat trick and Titania Erza Scarlet just sealed the deal.

"Perfect volley," I gave our captain a hug. "Nice one!"

She gave me a sideways hug, "Why thank you, Lucy."

The rest of the team were just walking, talking casually. This game wasn't all important, we're winning so we could probably dial it down a bit.

"Sub!" I glanced to the sideline. It looks like Makarov is using all three subs for Gray, me, and a certain other person. Salamander was adjusting his socks close by when he heard the call.

Natsu... the guy I loved. Or still love. Never stopped. Five months ago he told me he was getting married after telling me during a slow dance that he loved me. It was a pretty messed week for me afterwards but I pulled through, thanks to the team. Plus, we were dealing with two new players joining along with some drama with some of the older members.

Gajeel Redfox of the Phantom Lord FC, a team that was beyond ruthless during our game against them. He was the captain as well as the main cause of the little war between Phantom and Fairy Tail so when Makarov announced a new player, it took weeks for us to accept him. But he soon came around thanks to Levy though he did get beaten up by Jet and Droy.

"7, 10, and 9 of Fairy Tail," the ref called again.

The three of us looked at him.

"Off. NOW!" He shouted again.

Without a second thought, we sprinted off the field for the switch. The guy was scary.

On the way, I greeted all three subs. One of them... being the future wife of Natsu.

"Good luck out there," I said, holding up a hand for a high five.

Lisanna returned my high five a bright smile on her face, "I'm not gonna be as good as you Lucy."

Here's the hard part: Lisanna is actually a really cool and chill person so she's a friend of mines. Despite the fact that she's gonna marry Natsu. We're not exactly buddy buddy like I was with Erza, Levy or Juvia but we were definitely good friends.

At least, I don't want to hurt her or steal from her in anyway.

"Good job kiddos," Coach Makarov cheered on the bench. Well, he's standing on it. The coach is tiny!

I smiled at him just as a white towel hit my face square on. I growled and glared at the person who threw the towel. My anger dissolved the minute I saw who it was.

But keeping my cool I hissed at him, "You know Natsu, normal people gives towels. Not chuck them at their friend's face."

"Not my fault you're being spacy," he took a a drink of water. "Pay better attention, Luce. You might get run over by a car."

"Shaddup!" I snapped. The bench of subs chuckled at our argument.

Natsu even cracked a smile.

I made my way over to where the rest of our friends were. Each just talking about this and that, not paying any attention to the game. I did see Erza have position of the ball and pass it back to Levy, just messing around. Juvia just wandering along the opposite side.

"Why don't you go in and change?" Coach Makarov said. "We have to the train back to Magnolia right after the game ends."

"Yes sir," I nodded.

The familiar muscular arm wrapped my shoulder, making my heart skip a beat completely.

"Let's go, Luce!" Natsu laughed.

He started away just as I screamed, "Not gonna happen Pervert!"

~~~~~~~~~~

"Luce!!!" The familiar voice from the outside of my window sounded. "We're gonna be late!"

I jumped around my apartment, my eyes trying to find my book bag.

"Luce!"

"I'm coming, Dammit!!!" I snapped. "I'm not a guy! Give me some time!"

"Well hurry up!" He shouted again.

I threw my warmer on, only one arm in the other grabbing my book bag. Quickly dashing into the kitchen, I grabbed the two brown paper bags, putting them between my teeth. I had to lock my door with one hand.

I ran down the stairs to meet my impatient best friend tapping his cleats on the sidewalk.

"You're late," he said, stuffing his hands into his jean pockets.

"Bef quief," I stuff my other arm through the other arm hole. "I'f a gifl. We neef time to look goof. And mafe their ifiotif best frienf's lunch!"

Natsu reached forward and grabbed the lunch bag and put it in his book bag.

He spoke quietly under the scaly dragon like scarf, "You don't need time to look good."

My eyes widened at his compliment.

Yes, we know we love one another and yes we both agreed it's best we remained friends. But Natsu sometimes couldn't help himself from slipping up compliments and or stare at me without blinking. I admit I do that as well but I'm more ninja about it. I catch him constantly but I don't react whatsoever. It's safer that way. If I did react, I might actually kiss him subconsciously.

The whole walk to school composed of him continously teasing me about my weird personality. It was a pretty gloomy day, the street lights were still on. Any second now and the snowflakes of late fall would come.

By the time we reached school grounds, a familiar figure was waiting by the bike rack. The minute I slowly recognized the face, he was already waving at me.

"Liam!" I called, waving back same smile on my face.

I did catch Natsu mumbling something into his scaly scarf. He made it clear he wasn't a big fan of Liam's but he has yet to pick a fight with the guy. I grew closer to Liam (as a friend) when he helped me with getting over the fact that I can't be with Natsu for certain unnamed reasons. The team liked him because he was dependable and the distraction I needed to get my mind off of the winger.

"Hey Lucy," he said as we walked up to him. "Natsu."

"Liam..." Natsu growled. I elbowed his abs, he needs to learn some manners.

The dragon eyes met mines but he didn't say anything else.

"Ready for class?" Asked my friend.

I shook my head, "I'm sleepy."

"I'll sit in front of you," Liam smiled. "So you can nap all you want Lucy."

"Thanks," I smiled at him. "You're the best, Liam."

"Yeah right," Natsu scoffed quietly. "Best Man-whore of the century."

Celestial Breaker {A NaLu Story}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara