25: Straight Into My Arms

Natsu

Lucy didn't come back that night so I just camped out on the coach half expecting her to walk through the door. I woke up earlier than usual, though, to shower and actually form my sentences to say when I did have to face her.

I just didn't expect to be facing her so early...

I thought I was alone when I finished my shower. I was only wearing a towel around my waist, another one still drying my hair when I opened the bathroom door and strolled into the bedroom. My eyes were closed because the damn towel was getting in my face. I opened my eyes and bam, mistake number one.

Lucy was in the process of pulling a hoodie over her body, her bra still showing. The only light on in the room was the lamp at the bedside but yeah, I could see her. She was frozen in place, her hands were just holding the end of the hoodie.

This is just perfect.

I've seen Lucy naked before, once or twice back in Magnolia whenever I broke into her house when she's changing. So this should be nothing, right? But with my head being a little hazy due to the lack of sleep and thinking plus the hot water from a few seconds ago, my heart couldn't help but pound harder at the position we were in.

I dropped the towel I had in my hand.

"Hey!" a sharp snap echoed. "Stop staring!"

I blinked twice but didn't say anything. My perverted mind still glued on her perfect body. Damn, those curves.

Something suddenly hit my face, crashing me back to reality, "Natsu! Turn around! You pervert! Stop staring!"

"R-right?" my whole body heated up in embarrassment as I whipped around without a second thought but this:

Lucy Heartfilia is the hottest female being in this universe. I must've been a very nice person in my past life to be able to be stuck with her in this lifetime. Thank you, thank you.

"I'm done," she said softly. "I'll be going first."

But she's still fragile right now. I can be a pervert later.

My hand shot out, grabbing her wrist, "Wait Luce."

I made sure my grip was tightened so she couldn't wiggle free but not tight enough that I'd hurt her in any way, physically. I'm doing such a good job emotionally and mentally so let's not physically.

Lucy only looked at my hand on hers before looking up at me, "What is it?"

She's building a wall. I can tell because I was doing that only a few days ago.

"Can we talk?" I asked.

"What's there to talk about?"

I nearly flinched at that, "W-well, us."

I could faintly see her eyes widened, "I take it your brother and his wife came to see you last night?"

"Uh yeah."

Lucy looked away, "Then there isn't an 'us' to talk about."

"No that's not true," I shook my head. "There will always be an 'us' to talk about, Luce. Either 'us' as just friends or an 'us' as more than friends."

"Just stop it, Natsu," she said. "I'm begging you to just please, let me go."

"You know damn well that's not going to happen."

"Then what do you expect me to do then?" I thought my grip was tight enough so she couldn't escape. I had completely forgot that whenever Lucy is angry or upset, she's stronger than she usually is.