2: Hamlet was Devoured by a Dragon

Natsu

"Hamlet hated his uncle for murdering his father," the English teacher said to the class. "But he won't confront his uncle about it head on, why not?"

Almost instantly, Levy McGarden's hand shot up. Our English teacher, a balding man in his 40s, pointed the spine of the book to my teammate, "Ah yes, Levy."

"Hamlet isn't all that manly," she started. "He wants to kill his uncle but the way he keeps hesitating means he's still afraid that talking to his uncle ...."

And that's when the snow falling outside became much more interesting. I guess I was lucky Levy was in my class. Her analysis on the works we read in English is the only one needed. She'd be able to identify every single existing literary themes and other stuff in seconds.

We sat at a table in two with a single partner. My partner for this class with none other than the crazy she-devil's captain, Erza Scarlet. I got window seat because it's as far away from Gray as I could get. She had her eyes on Levy, arms and legs crossed listening to what the Bookworm said. Gray's partner was Lisanna Strauss, our substitute striker as well as my future bride. Behind Levy, was the former Phantom players now proudly wearing the Fairy Tail FC warmers, Juvia and Gajeel. Juvia listening to the lesson, Gajeel already snoring his head off.

Levy's partner was Lucy... the one that I actually wanted to be my future bride.

My eyes wandered from Levy to the familiar golden hair, crouched to the table writing something in a notebook. Her brown eyes were concentrated hard on what she was writing that even her eyebrows were furrowed.

Lucy Heartfilia... a goddess in my eyes and well, everybody into soccer in Fiore. She's been the big thing since the Phantom game months ago. Deemed the third hottest soccer female player after Erza and one other from Blue Pegasus.

Luce is still number one for me. But because of my hidden status... I've been arranged to marry Lisanna since when we were little. I like Lisanna as a friend but I love Lucy as a romantic partner.

The two are good friends, too...

"Dragneel," my ear faintly twiched at the sound of my last name but I kept my eyes on the golden hair.

"Natsu!" The scary snarl snapped me out of my trance, my head shot up.

Erza was looking at me, annoyance on her face. The rest of the class were just staring at me, waiting for something.

"Dragneel were you still on Earth?" The English teacher smiled.

"Yeah."

"Then answer my question."

...

"I'm sorry, sir, I was not on Earth. Can you please repeat the question."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Honestly Natsu," the beautiful sigh nearly made me fall over from my stretch, "The least you could've done was say you didn't know instead of making a whole different Shakespearean play."

"It's called being creative, Luce."

"But that's a classic piece," Lucy narrowed her eyes at me. "You can't just add the random dragon coming out from the Earth and ate Hamlet, dammit! He got killed by Laertes! The brother of the girl he had loved."

"That's no fun," I leaned against the locker. "He just got stabbed. Now if a dragon ate him, now that's how Shakespeare keeps his readers on Earth."

"There's a difference between you and Shakespeare."

"And what's that?"

"He has over billions of fans worldwide," she smirked at me. "And you're stuck here with a brown bag lunch next to me."

I slumped down on the cold tile floor. With the cold weather outside, students aren't allowed outside and practice is moved into our indoor field a few miles away so Erza actually does have to drive us to practice.

I cringed at the thought of the idea of the moving vehicle.

"Alright," I reached into the brown paper bag, my hands enclosed over a ball of tin foil the shape of...

I looked at Lucy, who was writing something in her binder beside me, teary eyed, "Y-you packed -"

"Leftover Blackjack sausage pizza," she flipped the page once then flipped it back. "Your favorite. There's a bottle of Tabasco in there, too."

"Thank you Lucy!" I unwrapped the tin foil and took a huge bite out of the food.

Lucy suddenly groaned, "Ugh! I don't understand this! Math sucks."

"Hm?" I looked over her shoulder at the work in her lap. "What don't you get, Luce?"

My strong nose suddenly caught the familiar strawberry shampoo radiating off of her the goddess golden hair. It took all my will power not to kiss her soft hair. Lucy's small shoulder visibly stiffened at our close proximity.

She slowly turned her head, the chocolate brown eyes finding mines. My own eyes darted to her soft pink lip glossed lips parted a bit. I was leaning in a bit, I could tell. Those lips kept getting closer with every dying heart beat.

Someone cleared their throat, causing me to shut my eyes in utter disappointment. So close, so close.

Lucy just turned her head the other way as fast as she could but I didn't miss the soft pink on her cheeks.

The intruders were non other than Gajeel the Metal Face and Erza the Captain I don't dare to give a nickname to.

"Honestly Salamander," Gajeel plopped himself down in front of us. "You gotta be more careful. Wouldn't want that fiance of yours walking by and seeing that gi hi."

I glared at him, "I know that you asshole leave me alone."

"I'm sorry, too," Lucy sighed, her eyes refocusing on the math in front of her.

It wasn't long before Levy, Stripper, Lisanna and Juvia to appear. Levy sat beside Gajeel, using his bigger body as a back rest. Gray sat down beside them, Juvia with hearted eyes beside them. Erza facing Lucy striked up a conversation.

Lisanna sat down beside me against the locker grabbing my arm in the process, "Hey Natsu! There's this movie showing Saturday and I was wondering if you wanted to come."

I glanced at Lucy but she had no reaction. That or she's just really good at hiding it.

Erza, though, was watching the striker closely before saying out loud, "I think that would be a fine idea."

The whole team looked at her, eyes widened, "Eh?"

The captain only smiled at her teammates, "A movie would be an excellent way for some team bonding now, right?"